Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 1997 ford 4dr 4x4 short bed diesel with a few mods, i use it as a daily driver and pull a 20ft car trailer...
6in of lift in front, 9.5in the rear
35in tires on 20s
beans dominator 66 turbo
beans IDM
bigger injectors
down pipe
custom 5in dual exhaust
17*hpop
custom tuned by tony wildman
built trans
05 superduty cab lights
05 f-250 badges
cobra 29 chrome, p&t with in line amp.
heres a few pics....

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
thats one damn clean truck. Like it a lot. What kinda numbers you putting down? that thing had some chop to it :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
clean truck but that looks like a 4" exhaust with 5" tips. And a hacked together pipe system. I hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for the exhaust because it looks like beginner's work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dyno'd it stock at 216hp, with no tq read out :(. this setup should be good for 390-400ish hp. a friend of mine has the same setup just with bigger injectors and dyno'd out at 430ish hp, i cant remember the exact hp.

here is a video when it was on 37's

here a pic of the money maker lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
clean truck but that looks like a 4" exhaust with 5" tips. And a hacked together pipe system. I hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for the exhaust because it looks like beginner's work.
its 5in with 8in tips, since bending 5in exhaust is pretty hard we cut up 90's and 45's for the bends.

heres some pics of the welds, sorry for the begginer work and poor welds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im doing a bonehead thing but im trying to see how much hp i can make with out a IC, i will be adding water/meth to cool down my egts soon.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice truck, love that body style always have always will. Just hate seeing tow rigs on 20's...I don't understand the need for anything bigger then a 17, they will clear most OEM brake set ups, with a couple exceptions:

If you go to a bigger braking system then obviously you'll need bigger rims.
A dual rear wheel set-up.

Otherwise it just looks just as bad as the gangsters rolling on 22" wagon wheels.

but to each his own...love the truck, just not the rims.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
so can you tow a load with it or dose it over heat (exhaust temp)
IMO i'm not in to hot rod diesel trucks, there made for pulling not tire burnin

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
ford's are :rainbow: but that dash overlay is sweet...do all ford's come with that lighting from the factory?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeap it tows just fine, i just turn my chip down. its kinda cool having a truck that can haul what ever you want and have enough power to play around with, in the dirt and street.

the fords come with green lighting but ive been working to change things over to blue.

i ran 16in welds for along time but wanted to update the truck and have a wheel with big lip so i went with a 20, it gets hated on all the time for big wheels but oh well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very clean. Fawk whoever doesn't like your rims. Your OBS is one of the best looking around.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts