Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like to express our deep sadness for the loss of Tom Guaraldo. He was always a great spokesman for our sport and our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and team mates.

Mike and Jodi

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
The news came to us during the final round of the W.E.ROCK competition and it broke all of our hearts. During our closing ceremonies, Chaplain Steve Hansen came up to say a few words, say a prayer for the loss to friends and family, and then we honored Tom with a closing round of cheers and applause that would have put a huge smile on his face...Another tragic loss to our community and our hearts go out to his friends and family.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The news came to lubes and I after our last course today, absolutely heart breaking. Lubes has been on both Ride and Blackstar and because of that I always felt like our teams were tied together. Tom and I quickly became friends, both of us usually wrenching on the other's crawler. The off road community has lost a great guy.

RIP buddy

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
That was very sad to hear today :( Sad to have yet another traggic lose to the wheeling community :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely another tragic loss for our sport. I was just talking to one of the guys that was there when it happened today. Just another one of those freak accidents.
RIP Tom.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I am very sad to hear about Tom's passing. Lubes told me himself at the Cedar City event, and my heart goes out him, Lydia, Brooke and Tom's family. To everyone at RIDE, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is very sad.......Tom was a fun guy to hang with. Our hearts go out to his family,lydia, brooke and his team mates. we will miss him.
I loved his stories and enthusiasm for this sport.
He will be missed!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tom was a friend of mine from VA. We lived together for a little over a year. I was Very sad to hear the news..

Tom was a great guy that followed his dream (and many of our east coasters dreams), when he moved to CO to wheel and get into Rock Crawlering.

He will truely be missed. All of us on the east coast looked forward to reading his blogs and articles as well has his videos and pictures.

If anyone has his parents or Lydia's address can you please pass it on to me as well has any arrangements. I love to pay my repects.

I've met his parents a few times and they are very nice and loving people, they made me feel right at home when we visited. So sorry for there loss.

Chris

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just heard the news...I'm in shock.
RIP Tom.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Tom was a friend of mine from VA. We lived together for a little over a year. I was Very sad to hear the news..

Tom was a great guy that followed his dream (and many of our east coasters dreams), when he moved to CO to wheel and get into Rock Crawlering.

He will truely be missed. All of us on the east coast looked forward to reading his blogs and articles as well has his videos and pictures.

If anyone has his parents or Lydia's address can you please pass it on to me as well has any arrangements. I love to pay my repects.

I've met his parents a few times and they are very nice and loving people, they made me feel right at home when we visited. So sorry for there loss.

Chris
Lubes went and picked up Brooke in Salt Lake and was driving her to Springs to be w/ Lydia. I will let them know this post is up and have them post info and addresses on here.

RIP Tom

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lubes went and picked up Brooke in Salt Lake and was driving her to Springs to be w/ Lydia. I will let them know this post is up and have them post info and addresses on here.

RIP Tom

Thanks, I got his parents address and have spoke (texted) Lydia. I know how I feel, I can't begin to think what they are going thru.

·
Registered
83 Posts
RIP Tom

·
Registered
73 Posts
rest in peace Tom..

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't know what to say but....

I still can't believe it. We were all hanging out on Saturday nite, Tom was his usual self telling everyone how his buggy was faster than Shannon's and how he and the Lovell's had the same "drag race" motor. He was so pumped to finally get to race his buggy and asked me the same questions 100 times about the ROC course layout and such and could not wait to get out and test yesterday.

Tom was a very passionate guy. That passion fueled him to go out and get some great sponsors and publicity for a car that he did not even drive!! That same passion made you want to put your hands around his neck sometimes as well, but at the end of the day he just made you smile, shake your head and laugh. Tom was everywhere, his energy level and ability to just jump in talk to anyone who would listen made alot of people take notice of our sport. Tom was a driving force tirelessly trying to get people interested in rocksports wherever he went.

"Tom I gave you all the advice I had about the course the other nite. I can't tell you how sad I am that you never made it out there. I feel guilty for not being there brother but sometimes this shit happens. We will try to give them a little something for you next weekend at the race, you will be missed....RIP brother"

"oh and Tommy Boy...the only way your buggy is faster than Shannon's is if you drop it out of a plane:flipoff2:!!!" Love ya man!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
prayers for the family and loved ones left behind. we are all only one heart beat from leaving this world, at any time. i've been fairly close myself, and have seen the passing of some good friends and family of late. having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the only way to walk our journey from beginning to eternity.

·
Registered
400 Posts
From all of us at Rock Hard Racing our prayers go out to Tom’s friends and family, a tragic loss.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Tom you were a great guy! You will be missed. Lydia and Brook if yall need help with anything give me a call.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts