Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After collecting pics from a dozen different threads to get ideas for my own doors, I thought it would be good to put everything together in one thread. I considered just adding to here Half/Tube door pics thread, but it’s almost 5 years old, so thought we would start fresh

Tube doors, half doors, soft doors, hinges, latches, interior shots, etc. Anything related, and lots of pictures please :D Let’s see what you’ve got

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is a head start, mostly stolen from this site. I tried to give credit to the builder or owner, if I am wrong, let me know :D

Listed alphabetically, so numbers would come first…

[edit] NOT 78FORD4X4’s, unknown owner[/edit]

blueball’s

BRENTWADE’s by Trail Tough

Desertrunnerfab

Itsmejoe231’s

jader’s

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And then my own haggard old half doors

Now getting replaced by these tube doors in progress. Factory hinge, hopefully latch, and all 1.5” .095”. I wanted them to look similar to my cut stockers, but be tube. Will probably get skinned too when they’re done

Paper

Table

And hinges tacked. Still need to fully weld, figure out the latch, etc

·
Registered
833 Posts
Dang, hell of a collection! Nice work! Im sure you are going to help A LOT of guys and save them time with your research!

Kevin

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just got some paddle latches off Ebay and made my own strike. I piggy backed it with the stock one so that I can swap to my full doors when needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any pictures of how anybody ended up doing the latches?
I used the stock stuff, just measure how far it is from the handle to the rod mount, go down below,the other way and remount handle in door .I used a 1/2 drill bit and a file to make hole. then drill for mounting bolts.now the rod pushes latch instead of pulls. (or vice versa it was a long time ago) handle needs shaved on under side to lay flat. i'll try to get better pics. also on the inside just swing handle down and remount. good luck

1 - 20 of 49 Posts