4,856 Posts
The first photo posted looks like a dick and balls....:D

p.s. those are not 78ford4x4's

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Some latch pictures

Blueball's (stock latches I think)

Its a stock latch from the other side. Driver side latch on passanger door, passanger side latch on drivers door. It puts thst little "lever" on the bottom side.

Good work D Boz :beer:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Its a stock latch from the other side. Driver side latch on passanger door, passanger side latch on drivers door. It puts thst little "lever" on the bottom side.

Good work D Boz :beer:
ahh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks, it seems obvious now that I know.

I was also noticing these 2 doors with the outer handle relocated to below the latch. I wonder if they did something similar, or got them to work some other way ? rhetty's with the whole area from around the handle grafted in are :smokin: , nice detail

·
Registered
167 Posts
ahh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks, it seems obvious now that I know.

I was also noticing these 2 doors with the outer handle relocated to below the latch. I wonder if they did something similar, or got them to work some other way ? rhetty's with the whole area from around the handle grafted in are :smokin: , nice detail
Here is link to rhetty's post on ZK. Most of the way down first page (post #22) of thread. He also cut and rewelded orginal linkage, (in addition to handle).

http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=39110

Earl

·
Registered
137 Posts
All I had to do was cut down length of the attachment bars at the hinge. I made my own slam bar to use the existing heep latch.
The doors them self are not altered.
I may try to find a full soft door and see how that will fit.
I think I have a write up on Zukikrawlers, Same screen name

·
Registered
332 Posts
All I had to do was cut down length of the attachment bars at the hinge. I made my own slam bar to use the existing heep latch.
The doors them self are not altered.
I may try to find a full soft door and see how that will fit.
I think I have a write up on Zukikrawlers, Same screen name
Now if i just remembered my dam pass word.:mad3:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts