Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anyone add some thump thump to their half doors?
Possibly a little 6" speaker with some quick connectors for easy swappin'?

I was thinking about doing this in the near future.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The first photo posted looks like a dick and balls....:D

p.s. those are not 78ford4x4's
Just saw the edit, I think you are right, those aren't 78ford4x4's, I will edit it.

Someone has an open photobucket account with more pics though :D Anybody have the balls to claim them?

Here is link to rhetty's post on ZK. Most of the way down first page (post #22) of thread. He also cut and rewelded orginal linkage, (in addition to handle).

http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=39110

Earl
Cool, thanks for the link. So stock latch in the original location, just with modified linkage

Anyone add some thump thump to their half doors?
Possibly a little 6" speaker with some quick connectors for easy swappin'?

I was thinking about doing this in the near future.
Once you gut all the window stuff, I think it would be pretty easy to add storage or speakers. I haven't had a stereo in years though, got tired of wrecking receivers... Would be cool though, hopefully somebody that's done it can add some pictures

·
Registered
833 Posts
ahh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks, it seems obvious now that I know.

I was also noticing these 2 doors with the outer handle relocated to below the latch. I wonder if they did something similar, or got them to work some other way ? rhetty's with the whole area from around the handle grafted in are :smokin: , nice detail
Im not a big fan of this set up, along with stock location handles, they get lopped off by rocks, or just f*ed up.

Kevin

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Those look really good. I've had a set for mine cut down for years but never finished them

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK I'm digging up an old thread but this is very informational. I have done the hinge cut to make my doors removable but I'm thinking I would like to have a simple tube door. All the production doors I find seem very expensive and most don't even come complete - no hinge, no paint. I have access to a friend that has a nice Hobert welder but I don't know anyone with a bender. I'm looking for something simple like the ones below. Is here a source for a simple tube door, please share. Anyone in the upstate of SC or western NC with a bender?? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts