Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 1142 Posts

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Anyone else notice the post digger @ the tractor dealer?
What was the deal with the tractor dealership anyhow? Did I miss it?

I can't believe they didn't see value in taking a tractor. A bucket, 4wd, any attachment. I was pretty surprised they didn't take one. I liken that move to the time they needed a solar panel part and only took what they needed, as opposed to taking a few dozen spares.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Speaking of tractors, why didn't they just get a backhoe to the quarry and dig out the road and turn it into a wall?

Yes, the walkers in the pit were making noise and drawing in other walkers; I would think you would want that... The pit in huge, and was nowhere near capacity.

I suppose that would be too easy, too permanent, and would screw up the storyline.

When Rick killed the pussy guy that got bit in the face, you could tell that Morgan and Michonne didn't exactly agree with it, but at the same time knew his screaming was causing a severe problem, and he was going to die anyway, so it needed to be done and they didn't say anything.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Pretty sure with all the equipment that I've seen. They could have easily set up some sort of chute to funnel the walkers in the quarry into a single file like to kill them then send them back to the pit.

Probably didn't use the tractor because it makes too much noise.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Anybody think that the horn sounding was a way to thin out the herd? All the volunteers are outside, leaving only the weaker ones at Alexandria, with the exception of the ones from Rick's group that can take care of themselves. Rick seems to be wanting to test folks and make them fight. This could be a way to do that. The ones that step up survive, the ones that don't, well, Rick doesn't want them anyway.

I'm kind of surprised that Ethan Embry's character didn't last longer. It could have been pretty interesting watching him change.

·
Registered
13,998 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Pretty sure with all the equipment that I've seen. They could have easily set up some sort of chute to funnel the walkers in the quarry into a single file like to kill them then send them back to the pit.

Probably didn't use the tractor because it makes too much noise.
Or, get a crane and lower a running wood chipper down into the pit; problem takes care of itself; noise draws in walkers, walkers migrate to wood chipper.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I didn't understand why they just didn't burn them all while they were in the pit.

·
Registered
13,998 Posts

·
Registered
13,998 Posts
Yea we know it's not. But apparently the Foley artists during earlier seasons didn't. they always dubbed in Harley SFX for the bike (and "cocking" sounds for the semi-auto pistols, etc...)
I made a comment during the Sasha and Abraham car scene that it sounded like a chainsaw was following them down the road. Didn't sound like a motorcycle at all.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I didn't understand why they just didn't burn them all while they were in the pit.
Maybe to avoid smoke, which would alert others to their presence? I know Rick is ANTI bringing any more people in or near Alexandria at this point. A giant stinky zombie fire would probably make a hell off an attractant. :barf:

21 - 40 of 1142 Posts