Pirate 4x4 banner

1041 - 1060 of 1142 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Eugene took the hit. That's why they had him finding his survivor instinct the last few episodes, had Abraham patting him on the back, and giving the ammo plans to Rick.

Next season Rick's group will make and stash ammo on the DL and attempt a coup at some point.

·
Premium Member
22,231 Posts
Eugene took the hit. That's why they had him finding his survivor instinct the last few episodes, had Abraham patting him on the back, and giving the ammo plans to Rick.

Next season Rick's group will make and stash ammo on the DL and attempt a coup at some point.
Look. Nobody cares about the walking dead.

·
Team 261 - VP
4,866 Posts
Kirkman said on Talking Dead....this episode wasn't about who dies.....this was about the death of confidence the group had in themselves....it was about them getting humbled.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was awesome as Neegan.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
I think it's hilarious that they forgot that they own an RPG now, too. Seems like that one item would have made this episode a lot shorter.
I kept saying the same thing. I would have been sitting in the passenger seat with the RPG ready to go. Hell I would have been walking around Alexandria with it 24/7 too. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
22,231 Posts
The fact that the road was blocked would indicate to me that they had a spy or they were being watched. I would have went back to the compound for plan B. Especially after the 2nd road block.

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
That's what is really frustrating to me is the level of genius they show and then all of the sudden it's forgot my brain at the camp day. :mad3: Mad or not Daryl getting caught by burned face jackass is far far fetched.

If I'm in that group facing death I'm bum rushing Negan. No one is going to shoot for fear of hitting him. Slit his throat and be the new boss. :grinpimp:
Exactly...when Glen had his and other's attention, Tackle him and if nothing else rip his throat out with your teeth.

If you're going to go...do the best you can.

And never, ever...give up your arms.

·
Unregistered User
9,026 Posts
He said 'champ' not man. Its a line straight out of the comics.
This.

There are 3 possibilities. Maggie is my first choice, since there was a group of people trying to save her, and Glens outburst shows that she would be a great candidate to teach the others a lesson. Choice 2 is Sasha, scared of the bat when pointed at her, choice 3 is Eugene, he's crying, so he showed weakness before the others even showed up. Negan won't kill a strong person, just for the fact that he needs strong people to work for him. It makes sense to kill off someone weak, but highly revered by the others imo. I also can't believe they allowed themselves to be herded into a trap. I saw that coming at the first road block. I knew then that they should have unloaded their weapons and ran the road block.
And to address both these quotes, I find it highly unlikely that it's any of the women. Though overall they stray from the comics, they're pretty true in regards to characters personalities and one of the biggest things with Negan is he doesn't tolerate violence towards women. Iirc he's even killed his own men when they've attempted to rape women.

I would suspect Eugene is most likely if not Glen. Glen still makes the most sense though and not just due to the comics. Losing him would do the most psychological damage to the group and Rick and people really wanted him dead after the whole dumpster thing. He's the only person left from the Atlanta camp other than Daryl and Carl and he's the first person Rick met. He found Laurie and Carl because of Glen. He's been there since the beginning, but he's become pretty fucking useless in the last few seasons. Actually, he's pretty much been entirely useless to everyone but Maggie and the lesbian chick since the first season. It would make the most sense to have someone from the core group die too, not someone that's newer. They've steadily lost someone from the core group in every season.

Does anyone think that maybe Maggie was poisoned to set this whole thing in motion? They killed Alexandria's sole doctor and suddenly Maggie gets sick and MUST go to the hilltop for the other Doc, which Negan's crew expected.
I didn't, but now that you say that it makes a lot of sense. I was trying to figure out who the guy they killed was, didn't realize it was the doc.

There is Def a plant in Alexandria. I think it's Carl's girlfriend. She also poisoned Maggie with the pickles.....
Going with the previous thing I quoted, that makes a lot of sense. I've felt she was off from the start and whenever they're about to get attacked she happens to disappear. I think she's a scout, but remorseful because of Carl and newfound attachment to Maggie. Would make sense why she wanted to go to Hilltop so badly but really wanted to avoid Negan's people.

I think it's hilarious that they forgot that they own an RPG now, too. Seems like that one item would have made this episode a lot shorter.
No shit, every time they hit one of those roadblocks I'm wondering what the fuck they did with the rest of them.

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
I didn't, but now that you say that it makes a lot of sense. I was trying to figure out who the guy they killed was, didn't realize it was the doc.
The man Neegan's group killed was the librarian. The doc he's referring to is the female doc from Alexandria.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
To address the reason Neegan never attacked Alexandria. He had no reason to. Before Rick's group showed up they were weak and had nothing to provide. Had they not hooked up with the Hilltop group and started taking out Neegan's guys they may have slipped under the radar.

The most common sense thing for Neegan to do would have been to kill Rick. Take out the leader and the whole group submits. It's unlikely they took out any of the women in such a brutal fashion. I think it was one of the weaker men. Glen, Eugene or Aaron. If it was Glen, AND Maggie loses the baby she is going to go full mental and really be a force to be reckoned with.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Unregistered User
9,026 Posts
The man Neegan's group killed was the librarian. The doc he's referring to is the female doc from Alexandria.
:homer:

In that case I take back what I said about them poisoning Maggie. I doubt they had any idea the fat girl was a doctor. Hell she wasn't even a doctor, she was a veterinarian.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
:homer:

In that case I take back what I said about them poisoning Maggie. I doubt they had any idea the fat girl was a doctor. Hell she wasn't even a doctor, she was a veterinarian.
Dwight didn't kill the Dr on purpose. He actually stated that he was aiming for Daryl and missed because he wasn't used to the cross bow yet.

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
To address the reason Neegan never attacked Alexandria. He had no reason to. Before Rick's group showed up they were weak and had nothing to provide.
No reason to? "1/2 yer shit belongs to me". He or his crew find anyone, 1/2 their shit and then they work for him.

Wouldn't take long for that network to expand.

I can't see runners not finding survivors in a town when you gotta resort to fire for cooking and heat. Climb up high, at night, downwind.

I'm beginning to see the terminus side of it. Let them walk right in and now you got their shit and don't have to worry about fighting them. Though I would have scavenged farms to get other things to eat.

Now that I think about it, aren't the roadblocks much the same as the capture in terminus?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a feeling that the two guys that showed up and helped Morgan and Carol will play some kind of important role in season 7. We know that they trade with the hilltop because of the forged spear tips. Judging by their appearance they seem to have some sort of organizational structure.

I could see their group and Rick's group joining forces to fight and defeat Neegan. Those two guys accepted Morgan and Carol without asking a single question. Either they are extremely stupid or they know who are the good groups (Hilltop, Alexandria) and who is bad (Saviors).

Just my thoughts.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts
They wander from the comics but not to far. The whole driving around was a psychological Game meant to mess with their heads Everywhere they went they were blocked. Each time they were blocked the group was bigger and better armed. It was all meant to instill into their heads that neegan is everywhere, you can't escape and you can't fight them. The beating is just the last step in the breaking.

Or that's how i saw it. I might be putting too much effort into watching atv show. :)
Rick got skunked. Out manned and out maneuvered. Dumb to be driving around in an RV with your whole crew, rather than several vehicles. Just a plot device to get the core group in one spot, but D-U-M-B. :shaking:

So who were the two guys that showed up to help Morgan and Carol? Or is that black text stuff?
The guy that was looking for his horse. Rick was going to shoot him and Morgan stopped him...so know he saves Carol and Morgan. Probably not from Hilltop, but probably another (friendly) group that trades with them.

It was Eugene. I forget the lineup but my guess is Glenn was the target and Eugene stood up and took the hit.
Nice theory, but I think it's Glenn.

Lame.

Pretty sure that group, in that situation would have rushed him.
Carol had the right attitude.

They should of had a shoot out at the first roadblock (or at least doubled back to crash it 20m later).

Totally lacking on Scouts as well.
this was about the death of confidence the group had in themselves....it was about them getting humbled. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was awesome as Neegan.

Rick has done nothing to get more intel on the Saviors. He got beat and he deserves it. Jeffrey Dean Morgan will be awesome as Negan. It will take awhile before Rick gets the chance to kill him.

He said 'champ' not man. Its a line straight out of the comics.
Yep, right out of the comics, Taking it like a Champ as he beat Glenn

twdneganglennbffs-156650.jpg

I kept saying the same thing. I would have been sitting in the passenger seat with the RPG ready to go. :laughing:
The backblast would have cooked everyone else in the RV:flipoff2:

The most common sense thing for Neegan to do would have been to kill Rick. Take out the leader and the whole group submits. It's unlikely they took out any of the women in such a brutal fashion. I think it was one of the weaker men. Glen, Eugene or Aaron. If it was Glen, AND Maggie loses the baby she is going to go full mental and really be a force to be reckoned with.
You'd think Rick would have at least attempted to take the "hit" as the leader, it would make sense for Negan to kill the leader to subjugate the group. Later in the comics, Maggie is a leader at Hilltop, not sure about status of the baby though.

I think it was worse that they didn't show who got the beat down from Negan and Lucille. I'd bet it's Glenn (like the comics) I doubt they will knock off Daryl, Eugene, or Michone. Abraham and Michone were not backing down, Daryl and Rick were pretty beat down, physically and mentally.

The relationship between Carl and Negan is weird..

tumblr_inline_o4gh0mNT5A1u1uisq_540.jpg

·
E. Spengler
3,825 Posts
Lame.

Pretty sure that group, in that situation would have rushed him.
Carol had the right attitude.

They should of had a shoot out at the first roadblock (or at least doubled back to crash it 20m later).

Totally lacking on Scouts as well.
This. Sloppy bastards, and ok with playing Negan's games. Hey, look, TWD is full of stupid! :shaking:

Not sure if anyone picked up on it, but the guy with the mustache voiced Trevor in Grand Theft Auto 5.
I thought that was him! Basically same character, too!

All the morality play crap sucks. There's a spectrum between a fava-beans-killer and Buddha- ask a veteran. The liberal writers (living in a world with glass doors on banks and 911) don't seem to realize that sometimes killing is justified. Those bastards are screwing up Carol just as she was hitting her stride as momma bear.

Rick may be getting all starey-eyed, but he's no Governor. Hitting Negan's outpost was only a bad idea in that he didn't scout it well enough. Remember, Negan's goons beat a kid to death, then stole 1/2 of Hilltop's stuff. There's not really a "maybe they're just misunderstood!" argument there.

I've been watching on couchtuner.something. No ebola, Avast seems to work.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
He said he was just going to beat the piss out of someone. Not kill them. And he said if Carlade a move to rip his other eye out. So if I were Neegan, I'd beat the living hell out of this groups leader (Rick) to show them he's the new Alpha. So they will have to rely on Neegan while Rick recovers.

1041 - 1060 of 1142 Posts