Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
put some new brake hoses on and did a once over and truck looked good so loaded up and we headed to Tail Creek Mud and Music in Alberta

first course we ran was the infield that is rocks, logs, and mud.

second course of the day was hills and through trees with some go fast parts

in the mine field in the back section. large dirt whoops and holes

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
proved that pigs can fly

then found out what happens when you air out 7000 pounds and beat on it non stop. upper coil over mount busted off the tube. one side the weld failed but other side it ripped the tab in half. he didnt even know it had happened till the coil over pulled the mass air flow wiring and killed the truck

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
even with the brake on the last course his time from first day we good enough to get 2nd place in big tire for the weekend and fastest big tire pass in the second course.

he washed the truck the other night and looks like both front bump stops are missing. coil over looks ok but will have to pull coils and check to make sure shaft is ok. he was talking to me this morning about air bumps so that might happen soon. still has to get around to putting all his full hydro parts on that he has as well. he was talking about needing more power so i have been trying to talk him into a V10 swap :evil:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
good job hanging he thing out to dry...

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
he got the truck back together. new shocks mounts and over motor brace, TMR machined knuckles with full hydro and new bump stops.

with the ram mounted up high he had to move the trac bar bracket but actually for the better as its flatter now. bump stops off the back of the truss and tied into lower link mounts

took it out and steering worked well

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Nice update, always love seeing progress on this thing.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
not sure how much big changes will happen to this rig in the future. he won a TMR buggy chassis in a raffle so we need to start putting that together :evil:
I hope there's a thread on that:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Wellfare is over.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
This thread makes me think I should move to PG and trade my 4runner in on a fool size ferd.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
:grinpimp: I hope it's getting some bedsides on time of the v10 transplant
would have to ditch the deck or rework it alot to fit box sides so that might not happen. he did get the v10 to fire up and run yesterday after getting the fuel pump working and putting half the coils back in ect. hes talking about trying to do the swap before Insanity Fab in January :evil:

·
Registered
31 Posts
would have to ditch the deck or rework it alot to fit box sides so that might not happen. he did get the v10 to fire up and run yesterday after getting the fuel pump working and putting half the coils back in ect. hes talking about trying to do the swap before Insanity Fab in January :evil:
You could have just the bedsides and fab up mounts to attach to

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Kinda off topicish, but is there a good supply of those trucks for parts up there? I need a long box and a zf6 that doesn't sound like it has rocks in it, and they're damn near non-existent down here.

201 - 220 of 261 Posts