Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 261 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Just curious what kinda fuel consumption did you have with the XMLs?

These things in 5.4 flavor are usually cheap as hell and I'm surprised we don't see more of them.
im guessing approximately 3 smiles per mile. :flipoff2:
bf pretty much summed it up, thing has never seen much street time so no idea

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts
bf pretty much summed it up, thing has never seen much street time so not idea
I was kinda going for a gallons per hour with your average use.

I watched your videos going through the water and obviously that kinda stuff just guzzles it, but I was wondering more for average trail riding with the occasional WOT moments.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was kinda going for a gallons per hour with your average use.

I watched your videos going through the water and obviously that kinda stuff just guzzles it, but I was wondering more for average trail riding with the occasional WOT moments.
I don't think it's seem any average trail miles either.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
the way buddy drives is more like average WOT and accasional trail riding :evil: but its pretty good on fuel as id say uses your average 5g jerry can for the day. with the stock tank on the deck he can hold a crap ton of fuel so only has to fill up every few trips.

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts
the way buddy drives is more like average WOT and accasional trail riding :evil: but its pretty good on fuel as id say uses your average 5g jerry can for the day. with the stock tank on the deck he can hold a crap ton of fuel so only has to fill up every few trips.
That's just what I was looking for. Sounds like a good cheap starter platform for some (relatively) affordable wheeling. I wish I could run on less than 15 gallons per day, but that's the big block tax. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Why no recentered H1s? Seems like the perfect fit for this thing.
we talked about it but H1s are little harder to come buy around our parts so not really cheaper. plus when he ordered the tires he already had the 16inch aluminum rims, but then decided he wanted beadlocks.

TMR diff covers in fist pump bro white

·
Registered
685 Posts
you just drill and sleeve the tie rod end for the drag link? id love to ditch my factory ultra low steering but dont want to do high steer

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Needs more pics :D

Pretty slick on the winch setup, I like that. You said it's around 4" of lift with springs pulled? How bad do the 40s rub & how much is cut off the front fenders? I had 37s on mine with no lift with minimal rub, wanting to go to 40s soon with a little more room to move around.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Needs more pics :D

Pretty slick on the winch setup, I like that. You said it's around 4" of lift with springs pulled? How bad do the 40s rub & how much is cut off the front fenders? I had 37s on mine with no lift with minimal rub, wanting to go to 40s soon with a little more room to move around.
the springs are deaver 6inch springs so lots of leafs and really thin and he pulled some to drop the ride height down so we are thinking they are more like 4inch now. ill try and get a pic of the fenders to show the cut but pretty much its just the back side that is cut and now with the 40s looks like he will have to cut the bumper corners back as tire gets into it as full stuff and turned.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
he actually spent a little time this weekend working on it

steering is all painted

started on a rear halo off the deck but hes not happy with it so has been cut off and is being reworked a bit

TMR basket that will be mounted above the fuel tank to hold a cooler and other crap

41 - 60 of 261 Posts