Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 261 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
while everyone was busy swapping gears and getting it all back together i build a trans skid plate. might be the most ugly and ghetto thing ive built in a while but it should do the job as its 1/4 inch plate and sch80 pipe

finished up around 7pm last night and the truck made a hot lap around the block and we called it good to go so will load up the trailer and will be on way to Idaho on Wednesday morning

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,248 Posts
Good work getting it back together so quickly. If you break that truss with the diff tie in, I'll be impressed!

I also dig the trans skid - simple and strong.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Good work getting it back together so quickly. If you break that truss with the diff tie in, I'll be impressed!

I also dig the trans skid - simple and strong.
thanks man and ya if something happens to the truss/diff now, its not something the rest of the truck will survive :D

dont hate the skid but was some ghetto ass work for sure, only thing i can see is on a really hard hit it could try and bend the engine crossmember

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
What part of idaho?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Bonners Ferry/Insanity Fab Winter Challenge
yep Bonners Ferry for the Insanity fab race

im stuck at work but just got this pic so looks like they made it there and are getting the truck race ready with the important stuff :laughing:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Putting that exo to the test! Looking forward to hearing more about how the truck performed.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
everyone is on the way home right now and have gotten a bit of the story on what happened and how the race went. day one he flopped the truck and they got it flipped back over and kept racing and got 4th. that moved them on to racing the 2nd day. when it flipped over the rear spring and shackle got bent up pretty bad. they race anyways and 2nd day was even harder course and more carnage. pass door would not stay closed, lost a tire and raced a few laps on a flat. finally the sector shaft broke and drivers side knuckle broke/bent, the weld on steer kit broke off and looks like the stock steering arm bent or broke as well. even with all that he was still able to drive the truck on the trailer at the end of the day. didnt finish the race but still placed 6th overall for the weekend.

will let the pics do the rest of the talking

and the famous Canadian squeegee

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I'm impressed as hell he drove that on the trailer :laughing:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
what mounts to the front of the axle in the little tabs?

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Awesome. There's a lot of good footage out there, looked like a gnarly track.

I chuckled when i saw the door flappin around, I thought to myself, " Do you want a fucked up door?, cause that's how you get a fucked up door. haha

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts
That's pretty gnarly.

Awesome pics, I'll bet that was fun as it gets. What are y'all thinking of doing for the steering? Hydro maybe?

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #176 (Edited)
I'm impressed as hell he drove that on the trailer :laughing:
even after the box broke he was able to still steer if went full lock as would make the ram move. said he drove it off the course and onto the trailer

what mounts to the front of the axle in the little tabs?
they are for the limiting straps

Awesome. There's a lot of good footage out there, looked like a gnarly track.

I chuckled when i saw the door flappin around, I thought to myself, " Do you want a fucked up door?, cause that's how you get a fucked up door. haha
track looked crazy this year and was told they stopped the race for the big tire class and just went on a lap count as they couldnt finish it. he killed the door when making a pass and hit a tree and wouldnt stay closed after that and now the outer skin is coming off the door itself

That's pretty gnarly.

Awesome pics, I'll bet that was fun as it gets. What are y'all thinking of doing for the steering? Hydro maybe?
we talked last night night and will probably just get another used box and put the spare knuckle on for now. i took a look last night and the knuckle is broken at the stock steering mount and just the weld on the back side of the artec kit is whats holding it all together right now. what he wants to do is send the spare knuckles out and get TMR arms and machined to fit them then go full hydro. just not in the budget right now as has some other parts to fix as well to get it back on the trail

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
That's what racin does, cost money. It's fuckin fun though. Glad he did as well as he did, and glad nothing major is destroyed.

161 - 180 of 261 Posts