Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just dont understand how people get into lame ass fairy tale bullshit. Same as super heroes and mutant crap. Is everyones life so freaking lame that they secretly want to be a witch werewolf mutant hero? I get it if your 12 but for adults? No wonder the whole world is fucked.
You must be a lot of fun at parties and only talk about mature adult things like taxes and the real estate markets.

Lighten up, Francis.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
worth watching at least.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just about done with the 4th book. It makes Game of Thrones look like high school drama.... :smokin:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Main trailer dropped on Halloween. Forgot to post it here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

Looks badass. Henry Cavill is doing his own stunts. The same guy that played the night king and was stunt coordinator on GoT is doing it, and he said Henry is the best he's worked with and fastest learner. Sounds promising. Also, I read all but the last book, I'm about 1/4 into it. Awesome story.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Main trailer dropped on Halloween. Forgot to post it here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

Looks badass. Henry Cavill is doing his own stunts. The same guy that played the night king and was stunt coordinator on GoT is doing it, and he said Henry is the best he's worked with and fastest learner. Sounds promising. Also, I read all but the last book, I'm about 1/4 into it. Awesome story.
Never read the books, only played the video games. Looks like it has potential.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Wear Your Seatbelts
3,275 Posts
Just watched the first episode, I like it. I own witcher 2 and 3 on gog and 3 on xbone but really haven't put much if any time into them. I'm gonna have to rethink that after watching this.

·
Boobs.
427 Posts
I'm watching it now. Just finished episode 3 and so far I dig. Good fighting and lots if titties.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
I just dont understand how people get into lame ass fairy tale bullshit. Same as super heroes and mutant crap. Is everyones life so freaking lame that they secretly want to be a witch werewolf mutant hero? I get it if your 12 but for adults? No wonder the whole world is fucked.
Yah... some of us just want to live in that fairy tale world where cops are all righteous and stuff...:laughing:

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
Just finished it. I liked it overall, but the casting is way off from the games, which will turn some people off, and the unnecessary jumping back and forth through time will confuse a lot of people who are new to the world and it's lore. Basically it feels like it was made for fans, so people just jumping in might have a hard time understanding everything that is happening.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just finished it. I liked it overall, but the casting is way off from the games, which will turn some people off, and the unnecessary jumping back and forth through time will confuse a lot of people who are new to the world and it's lore. Basically it feels like it was made for fans, so people just jumping in might have a hard time understanding everything that is happening.
Yea the first three episodes were kind of hard to track, but as the main story progresses and its actually a linear story (even with flashbacks if they do it) it will be easier to follow along I hope. After ep 4 or so it flows a lot better. There are definite teething issues and the pilot was all over the place, but all in all I give it a solid 8/10.

The story is based on the books, not the games, so the character casting isn't going to look like them. They did fairly well other than adding black characters. Which isn't really a big deal I don't see why people are so upset about that. I think they all did great.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Apparently Cavill is a gamer, and has put a ton of hours into Witcher 3, even before he landed the role. So he was running around as Geralt a long time before he was Geralt.

Still think Kate Beckinsale would have been my choice for Yennefer. :smokin:

21 - 40 of 91 Posts