Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
More progres today. the rear suspension, axle, and breaks are done. now i just need to move on to the front.

the pics are all jumbled up. but they shoudl give you a good idea of whats going on.

The sheet metal tabs that hold the brake lines are just like factory ones. upon final install they will be bent and hold the lines in place.

Also i put on 2 more coats of paint after the pics were taken.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
the brake lines look cool but i think your going to have a problem getting all of the air out unless you bleed them on a 45* angle.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
the brake lines look cool but i think your going to have a problem getting all of the air out unless you bleed them on a 45* angle.

care to explain how 90% of all other vehicles are capable of doing it?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I think he's refering to your high spots in the the hardline where you bent it to follow the contour of the axle brace. I wouldn't sweat it - don't think it'll be an issue at all.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
dude i'm not worried about it at all.

i've dont lines in a similar fation beofre woth zero problems. I just wanted to know why he thought this woudl be a problem.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Good looking build. For some reason my PC will not allow me to veiw the first page of this build???? Can someone copy the pics to this page so I can veiw?

I'm a long time toyota guy thats lurking around sammie/sidekick/tracker stuff for a future build. Thanks in advance

-Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
as long as the bleeders are at the highest point .. and they are ..no probs.looks good kris.......

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
we can end the string of brake line comments now if you guys want. it will work fine. i dont' need every second person stating their opinion.

THanks for the props mike. I can't wait to see what yours looks liek when its done. we gotta hit the trails in the zuks this summer!!!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I dont know if the brakes will bleed as well... It just doesnt make sense, why would someone go through all that trouble to have no brakes in the rear!! :shaking:

:flipoff2:

I wuv you.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
updates:

and yes i know i'm missing ALOT of paint. THis axle wasn't sand blasted either so it looks liek shit.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
thought Longfields could turn sharper than the knuckle can...
build is looking great!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
it looks like poo. Shoulda sand blasted it. :flipoff2:

She's gonna love it, gonna have it done by the weekend so we can let the girls go and play trucks? :grinpimp:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Nice work !

I remember doing the same extensive welding and great BLACK paint job...just to swap it out for a 44 later :D

21 - 40 of 52 Posts