Pirate 4x4 banner

Theft Proof??? - How to keep the thieves at bay.

125412 Views 179 Replies 126 Participants Last post by  BDK
Theft Proof???

Has anyone hooked up an electronic fuel pump with a cut-off switch? Similar to an ignition cut-off? I want to hook one up since I got my truck back from those bitch-ass thieves. I want it 100% theft proof & I dont think an ignition cut-off is enough. I dont have EFI so I'll have to buy an electronic one and hook it up. Too damn bad we cant have the theft proof they have in Russia where it burns the thieves legs w/ propane upon stealing it!!!!! Anyone have any suggestions??????

[email protected]

Thanks!!:)
141 - 160 of 180 Posts
i know nobody is getting my kmc wheels and 37 inch mud grapplers! i have special lug nuts that take a certin lug socket! and the truck is always locked! plus 104 pound guard dog:D
i know nobody is getting my kmc wheels and 37 inch mud grapplers! i have special lug nuts that take a certin lug socket! and the truck is always locked! plus 104 pound guard dog:D
LOL for special lug nut sockets, definitely not worth the $$ IMO. The thief can be a socket and spin them out, I know I have done it when I could not find my "special" socket :) The only socket I have seen that somewhat worked was one were the top spun.

About the 104 pound guard dog that is a whole other story, I know that works :D
Fenced yard with a dog is always a good system. Those locking lug nuts will slow down the dumb thief who only has a lug wrench. You could try a couple of these. There free if you park in a downtown area and forget to feed the meter.

See less See more
LOL for special lug nut sockets, definitely not worth the $$ IMO. The thief can be a socket and spin them out, I know I have done it when I could not find my "special" socket :) The only socket I have seen that somewhat worked was one were the top spun.

About the 104 pound guard dog that is a whole other story, I know that works :D
lug nuts where on it when i got it, just picked it up not to long ago, as for the dog he likes to sleep under it so its all good!
baby alarm inside the Jeep and bat by the bed.
theft proof

I run half doors all summer and have been able to keep my stuff with a locked shifter, radar/door alarm with flashing red light, ignition shut off switch and wheel chained to my other truck.....three times punks have come to shop and had to hide from the old guy in his underwear carrying a ball bat. My truck's not purty but it does have tires, wheels, tools and drivetrain junk...The lug nut locks?...when asked for help after a family member lost the "key" we just used a hammer to drive a sacrificial socket onto the locking nut and easily turned it off... I use the "Club" for looks but after reading this note from Chrysler theft prevention I may stop.

"At some point, the Club was mentioned. The professional thieves laughed and exchanged knowing glances. What we knew was that the Club is a hardened steel device that attaches to the steering wheel and the brake pedal to prevent steering and/or braking. What we found out was that a pro thief would carry a short piece of a hacksaw blade to cut through the plastic steering wheel in a couple seconds. They were then able to release The Club and use it to apply a huge amount of torque to the steering wheel and break the lock on the steering column (which most cars were already equipped with). The pro thieves actually sought out cars with The Club on them because they didn’t want to carry a long pry bar that was too hard to conceal."

Makes sense to me....

Attachments

See less See more
One I like is a basic smoke bomb/granade more for something you leave parked for long periods.
2 hose clamps attach smoke bomb to frame 50lb test fishing line to pin on drive shaft make it tight and nobodys gonna tow or drive anything with smoke billowing out of it
I used to Repo cars. You'd be suprised how many people walk right on by as I'm using an airbag and reach tool to open the door at your work during the middle of the day. The alarm is going off and people are looking but not one is saying a word, nor are they calling the cops. I would drag your car out of it's parking spot up onto the flat bed and tie it down. It doesn't matter if the wheels are locked, turned or whatever. The key is get it to slide. Once it is moving keep it going. A 6000lb truck slides very well on steel bed. For my Jeep I think some sort of EFI cutoff or starter kill and then I think the only other thing is the GPS that is hidden. I have a good friend that a deputy and he says half the guys he works with don't even know how to use the low jack equipment they have. I think you'd have much better luck if you could tell the police where the vehicle was. Depending on where you live they probably have a big enough work load and your 4X is not going to be at the top of the list.
See less See more
As for the trailering problem... make it unmoveable... either chain it down or block it in...

When it comes to the punk kids trying to drive off in your ride... Electronic In-Cab Fire Suppression System wired to 3 way ign. kill switch... hit the starter and set off the fire system... c02 is cheap and aiming the nozzle where it will spray in the driver's face is quick motivation to exit the vehicle...

Plus... if they stay in the vehicle with the door closed for any length of time... they will end up passing out due to lack of oxygen... which can actually happen pretty quickly depending on the chemical used in the system.

A bit expensive but very effective and pretty well impossible to work around unless they know where the switch is.

I'm strongly considering some anchor plates for my rig... anchor 1/2" plate to concrete... plate needs d-rings that can be driven over... wrap chain around tires and latch to d-rings... if they cut the chain using a torch, they'll most likely destroy said tire and will still end up not getting very far when it comes to dragging the vehicle up on a trailer or dolley... basically a cheap version of the boot the dmv uses.

I also know of someone who wired a taser to the door handle of his car (had a problem with weekly break-ins... punk kids mainly) It was a pretty sweet setup... pull on door handle with it armed... as the handle moves, it engages the taser which arcs the handle and said person trying to open the car... found the 17yr old neighborhood punk passed out next to his car one morning... He didnt give me many details on how he rigged the taser but it worked like a charm...

All we really have to worry about where I live now are the methheads... and they tend to stay out of our neighborhood... but cant really be too safe I suppose... gotta love the small boonie towns

Anyways.... Thats all I got...
See less See more
I bought my uncle's CJ7 from him and the speedo stopped working. I called him up and asked him what "that little magnet and wire set-up for the driveshaft" was all about and would it fix my speedo. He informed me that it was a driveshaft alarm, so that even if somebody tried to push, pull, or tow your rig, as soon as the shaft spun the alarm went off.
Though, it doesn't do much good when you come home from two weeks of extensive at-sea, submarine training and find that your brand new 36" Boggers and M/T Classic IIs were stolen from your POS '86 Dodge Ram... without the courtesy of putting the truck on blocks! :mad3: Which is, another story in itself. :shaking:
I never got to use the driveshaft alarm, because I never really looked much more into it due to the fact that I was way more concerned about the rapist living in my apartment complex than I was about the meth-heads stealing my Jeep, but that's NW Washington for you.

It doesn't matter now, the Jeep is currently in my garage in East Valley, AZ... and some (a lot) in West Valley, AZ... and some in Tucson, AZ. But all by my own doing. Project time!
See less See more
I bought my uncle's CJ7 from him and the speedo stopped working. I called him up and asked him what "that little magnet and wire set-up for the driveshaft" was all about and would it fix my speedo. He informed me that it was a driveshaft alarm, so that even if somebody tried to push, pull, or tow your rig, as soon as the shaft spun the alarm went off.
I like the idea, thought about adding a switch to the e-brake, so when it's released it would go off. But put the horns under the dash:evil:
Ok it might of been answered somewhere in here already but I didnt read the whole thing. I was wondering with the brake locks that people are using to lock up the brakes when they set their alarm, dosent that drain the battery because it takes power to hold the solenoid?
But put the horns under the dash:evil:
On one of my trucks I have a siren inside the cab. When the alarm goes off it is deafening.
Theft protection and recovery - gsm gps tracking alarms

Hey Fellas,

Wanted to share this info about theft prevention and recovery.
We have been pretty lucky to never get our junk stolen but with today’s craziness going on where we live (central mexico) we decided to invest in these covert tracking alarm.

We were going to buy another device similar to the lojack that we got offered and have used before at rally races, but doing our research we found out that these devices are big in size and easily located and blocked plus the monthly monitoring fee is expensive.

Recently we were offered the newest gsm tracking alarm that we purchased at TRACK ANY CAR in Laredo Texas. These guys are great and even partnered up with our racing team. They are offering a special pirate price to kick off the new year! So if you are interested in investing in the ultimate solution in car theft prevention contact them. Contact them via their website and put attention for Frank, and mention the keyword “PIRATE”. Frank is also looking for distribuitors in the USA. They are wholesalers.

Instalation is a breeze, and unlike other tracking alarm units this one has a back up battery just in case your battery gets disconnected. All you need for it to function is a prepaid gsm sim that you can buy almost anywhere nowadays and you cell phone. The device basically sends you gps coordinates via sms to your cell phone so you can track it. You can also configure the device to send you alerts for high speed, movement, geo fencing, low battery etc.

Another great and unique feature is that this device can be programmed into a covert listening device. This was the feature we liked the most. We will be renting our rally car in a couple of months and now we can track it and also listen in to see whats going on during the rental.

Well, you can view more details and videos on their website TRACK ANY CAR.

Ponce

See less See more
onstar created a new product called onstar fmv thatll sell at best buy thats basically a new rear view mirror with onstar installed in it.
I rewired my saturn so it no longer uses the stock ignition to start the engine (still needs it to run), and i always leave the key in it. if someone turns the key from "run" to "start" the horn goes off and locks the doors (so they can't hear it!). that oughtta confuse the shit out of 'em!:D
Hey Folks.

10. Grant makes a stearing wheel quick release kit. - $200.
No stearing wheel, no way to drive.

vice grips. my dad's had to tow a few junk cars without wheels, he'd just have someone sit in the car and steer with the grips, using the clutch to stop. very illegal, but I doubt a thief is worried about legality.
Inexpensive Car Alarm with GPS Tracker

Here are some images of how the configuration of the tracker looks like, the unit always responds via SMS to your cell phone.

The tracker can be switched to MONITOR mode so you can hear what is going on in your car at anytime.

When you sms the TRACK command to the unit it will respond with cordinates so you can track via google maps.

Works very similar to the Lo-Jack but you control it. We have our units hidden in our vehicles and connected to a 12 volt source, the unit has a 48 hr back up battery. We have them programmed that alert us if the vehicles leave a certain area.

To get the special price of $89 with Free Shipping and the Free 12volt hard wire all you have to do is CONTACT BY CLICKING HERE and mention "PIRATE 4x4" as the promo code or pm me to get the deal!

This is what the Tracker Alarm comes with:
* Tracker unit
* 2 Batteries
* Charger
* Water proof bag
* Software
* Magnetic and Plastic Cover
* Free 12 volt car charger[/B]

iTrack - GPS Real-Time Tracker - YouTube
See less See more
Go with Ravelco...

One word: Ravelco. nohotwire.com

I had a '94 YJ Sahara stolen from SDSU about 4 years ago in December during finals week, and then got a replacement 2005 Rubicon LJ. Well, the LJ got broken into the first week of the following spring semester but thieves couldn't circumvent the Ravelco anti-theft device. LJ was open and steering column was broken and running dash lights were on(in starting mode) but still there in it's space. I also had the early warning system from LoJack but that doesn't work until it's actually stolen!!

Get Ravelco!!!!
141 - 160 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.