Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
nice with the no new dents,i know it had to hurt just a little with the first run out after fresh paint and beat up that side.nice rig to btw.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Appreciate the comments. Thanks. So are any of you guys running Staun beadlocks. I've been running them for 2 1/2 years now. Never been happy with them. Blew out my second liner now. I done with these. I'm going to try the allied's now.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I looked at getting some of those Staun beadlocks a few years back, but ended up with H1 rims and rubber beadlocks. I drove about 10 miles on the trail with a flat tire an made it out of Fordyce. The rubber inside did not even get messed up:smokin: The tire split a side wall, so I just drove on it. Thats my spare too:shaking:

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Well with winter here. I figured I should probably put a top on. The STC softtop I have won't fit now due to the dovetail, so I am going with the half cab I have. It had been cut to fit my old cage. The new cage is wider and the top wouldn't come down to meet the windshield. Nothing that a cutoff wheel couldn't fix though. Trimmed the back and I am going to have my upholstery guy build me a back panel that snaps onto the top. Made a cardboard template for a fillerplate the top can snap to. I still need to clean up the cuts, and weld in a filler piece where the tops cut for the center bars of the old cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Well with winter here. I figured I should probably put a top on. The STC softtop I have won't fit now due to the dovetail, so I am going with the half cab I have. It had been cut to fit my old cage. The new cage is wider and the top wouldn't come down to meet the windshield. Nothing that a cutoff wheel couldn't fix though. Trimmed the back and I am going to have my upholstery guy build me a back panel that snaps onto the top. Made a cardboard template for a fillerplate the top can snap to. I still need to clean up the cuts, and weld in a filler piece where the tops cut for the center bars of the old cage.
That is almost exactly what I have in mind for mine. When I built the cage a few weeks ago I wanted it tall so the 1/2 top wouldnt fit. I even have it marked but I want to put another 40' or so of tube in before I make the cuts in the top.

Looking really good.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So I got the half cab fitted and built a panel for the top of the bulkhead that my upholstery guy can make me a back panel that will snap to the top. Hopefully he can do it next week. Installed a heater. Ran ducting to the defroster ports. Not much room for the heater vents, ran it under the steering column. Seems to put out some good heat, should keep me warm on my snow runs. Need to change the thermostat out from my 165 to a 180.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
The silver color looks really great on that rig. I seen a silver G Wagon that I almost bought because it was that same silver color.

Not many vehicles look good in silver.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Killer job very clean :smokin:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Super nice build!!

Got any shots of the doubler and its position in the truck? How much floorboard manipulation was needed to it keep tucked in high and tight?

I've found a new favorite 80/800.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Installed a heater. Ran ducting to the defroster ports. Not much room for the heater vents, ran it under the steering column. Seems to put out some good heat, should keep me warm on my snow runs. Need to change the thermostat out from my 165 to a 180.
Which heater? I'm going to redo mine again...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Only have 1 pic of the doubler right now. I need to change the tranny oil, so I'll need to pull the skidplates, then I can get somemore pics of the doubler. No cutting of the floorboards. The doubler is clocked 2" up. I do have a 2" body lift built into it and that helped clear everything. The heater I used is a heatercraft. It had 2 ports coming out of it but I needed 3, so I cut out the ports off the old heater and screwed them into the new heater. Now it has two, 2" ports (defroster ducting) and one 2 1/2" port (vents). I'll take somemore pics of it tonight.

61 - 80 of 656 Posts