Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
2,219 Posts
Rk, Looks damn good, even with the damage. It was too pretty before:flipoff2:

Rim happen from the landing, or crawling? Looking forward to more pics, that thing's always been :smokin:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sick rig! What headers are you running? What vehicle are they for? Can you post more pics of how well they fit? I still have the factory ram horns on my 350, but want to find a set of headers for it. First set i got didnt fit.

I also like your heater. What is that out of?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Sick rig! What headers are you running? What vehicle are they for? Can you post more pics of how well they fit? I still have the factory ram horns on my 350, but want to find a set of headers for it. First set i got didnt fit.

I also like your heater. What is that out of?
Running Flowtech headers part number 11000FLT. Check post 102 for pics on where they hit the firewall. I notched out the firewall for clearance. The heater is a heatercraft part number 201HOR.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
So full hydro steering is on order, as are some ballistic joints for the rear. I'm going to do a trailing arm rear suspension with tj rear coils and a panhard bar. We'll see if it works. I will also cut off the back. I am thinking that I will cut out the rear tub behind the front seats and add tubing. Here's some pics on how I am thinking of cutting the tub. I will attach the rear skins to the tubing, and cut the frame off behind the axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
rkscout I get idea of tubeing the back half, I just think your Scout is a sweet lookin rig. I'm at the same point to where the next step is a buggy. Its a tough call for me as I like to have the looks of a Scout but the trails are getting tough enough you need a buggy to keep wheelin without distroying the sheet metal. I look forward to seeing your progress, by the way your Scout is one of the best lookin early Scout I have seen and a great thread on Priate............Robert

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
rkscout I get idea of tubeing the back half, I just think your Scout is a sweet lookin rig. I'm at the same point to where the next step is a buggy. Its a tough call for me as I like to have the looks of a Scout but the trails are getting tough enough you need a buggy to keep wheelin without distroying the sheet metal. I look forward to seeing your progress, by the way your Scout is one of the best lookin early Scout I have seen and a great thread on Priate............Robert
X2, and im all for hacking up sheet metal, your rig is just the standard for full bodied 80/800's everywhere! My scout has wet dreams about your scout. Its kindof weird.

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
2,219 Posts
I'm with the above. It's your scout, do whatever the fawk you want with it, but I love it as a full-body scout. It's one of the nicest examples of a 80/800 i've seen. IMO it's too nice to cut up, at least until you beat on it and destroy the rear sheetmetal though:flipoff2: It doesn't look like you have too many problems getting hung up in the rear either.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #133 (Edited)
Looking for opinions. Still what to shorten it. What do you guys think. Cut the rear tub out an tube it and leave the rear panels like in the above pics? Or, leave the tub and shorten the rear fender and reattach the end caps? Or leave it as it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking for opinions. Still what to shorten it. What do you guys think. Cut the rear tub out an tube it and leave the rear panels like in the above pics? Or, leave the tub and shorten the rear fender and reattach the end caps? Or leave it as it is?
Leave it as is. Really nice ride!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
When I bobbed mine I took off the end caps took out 8 inches and then just re-attached. Pretty simple. Then it also keeps the full bodied look, id say go with that.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I chopped mine up because I had already killed the bed sides. I chose to shorten the sides and reattach the end caps. In hind sight it would have been better to have sold it when it was relatively straight and built a full tube buggy and just rocked scout skins. So, if I were in your situation thats probably what I would do.

Its pretty nice as it is and therefore should bring a nice chunk of change that would go a long way toward a no compromise tube buggy. But its yours to do what you please with.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Thanks for the responses. After much thought, I'm going to leave it as it is for now. Right now I'm going to focus on getting the full hydro steering in, and building my hillbilly trailing arm rear suspension for it. Hopefully my steering and suspension parts will be here by next week.

121 - 140 of 656 Posts