Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Our Golden Retriever was a no-name rescue.

I was trying all sort of aircraft related names, Cessna, Boeing, Rivet, Cleco, yadda. My son walked in and said "It's Bob!" Damn dog responded to Bob. We kept trying names that rymed with Bob, but nothing.

Hence why I have a dog named Bob.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
very cool.

thoughts on training her to help you. bring you TV remote, Beer, pick shit up you drop and give it to you. it should be fairly easy to do.

·
Hophead
77,610 Posts

I was trying all sort of aircraft related names, Cessna, Boeing, Rivet, Cleco, yadda. My son walked in and said "It's Bob!" Damn dog responded to Bob. We kept trying names that rymed with Bob, but nothing.

similar to how we ended up with an old female lab mix called "Big Dawg"

·
Registurd Abuser
2,727 Posts
Great looking pup Frank! You are a great guy for taking her in :beer:

I recently had to let my buddy go after 16 years. I found him on I 10 in the LA area all beat up at approximately 5 months old. I believe he was a bait dog as his head was cut up pretty good. He was also dehydrated and malnourished, missing a tooth and had a broken rib. His nose was raw for his entire life even though we tried everything under the sun to make it heal. He was deathly afraid of everyone but me the wife and the daughter until he hit 15 years old. At least his last year with us he was happy to see anyone! I miss him more than anything.

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Out of curiosity, have you taken her to the vet yet to check for vaccinations, worms, chip?

Awesome for you taking her in. Pets finding you is definitely more than simple happenstance.
Going to call the vet today. Needed medicine for Roxy anyway. She is uncut and according to previous owner (had her 4 days) needs shots. Because of her weight my mom is worried about worms also.

This am caregiver put her on my bed. She was super happy, playful and her tail wagged a thousand times per minute.:grinpimp:

Roxy on the other hand tried to move the puppy so I would play with her. Roxy wanted extra belly rubs this morning.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts

That's the same way I ended up with a dog named Barney :shaking::laughing:

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Going to call the vet today. Needed medicine for Roxy anyway. She is uncut and according to previous owner (had her 4 days) needs shots. Because of her weight my mom is worried about worms also.

This am caregiver put her on my bed. She was super happy, playful and her tail wagged a thousand times per minute.:grinpimp:

Roxy on the other hand tried to move the puppy so I would play with her. Roxy wanted extra belly rubs this morning.
Awesome to hear!

Roxy be jelly brah! Just reassure her that she's still the alpha female, and that you still love her too.

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts

Get her chipped too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a cousin in LA that has a young female that looks almost exactly like that dog. She is not very responsible, to put it mildly, so I wouldn't be surprised if you found the same dog!

Also, it looks kind of like my old dog that my ex-wife (the "red-headed terrorist," or RHT) has now. I took that dog everywhere, even to work in a biology lab. I miss him a lot. It's hard to replace a good dog. It's a good thing I have allergies today. No one's going to wonder why I have watery eyes now (don't tell anyone).

·
Rolling Mod
41,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
First round of shots done. Blood work being done for spay. Lots of thin hair, due to malnutrition. All adult teeth plus some baby teeth that need to be pulled. No previous micro chip. Vet thinks she is close to 9 months old. Also may be full size already.

Took her first trip to Petco. Hates the leash.:homer:

Edit: knows to poop outside. Prefers to pee in my bathroom.:shaking:

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
41,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
41,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Or just throw food in a bowel and post pics on the interwebs.
No! My goal is to have a happy dog that can go anywhere. Roxy is dog aggressive and it sucks because she has to stay home a lot.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
First round of shots done. Blood work being done for spay. Lots of thin hair, due to malnutrition. All adult teeth plus some baby teeth that need to be pulled. No previous micro chip. Vet thinks she is close to 9 months old. Also may be full size already.

Took her first trip to Petco. Hates the leash.:homer:

Edit: knows to poop outside. Prefers to pee in my bathroom.:shaking:

Nice purse :p

61 - 80 of 158 Posts