2x4x.250 crossmember and all the brackets cut out

New T-case mount

Coilbuckets

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Back on the ground, moved the axle forward about 2 inches

Flex pics. Couldnt go any higher because the tire was lifting the truck on the bumper.

Still need limit chains and lower the bumpstops so this doesnt happen. Link hitting the tie rod when turned and flexed.

I need to buy new coils too. Either 4 or 6 inch springs for the FJ 80. The truck drives super smooth, better than it did stock and alot better than with the spacer lift. Ill have more pics of it in a month or so because the truck is at home and Im at school.

·
nice roach.
5,722 Posts
You Taco guys trip me out with your acronyms... Nice SAC... :D lol The SAS looks good mayne :smokin:

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only call it a SAC because whenever Im talking to someone I always said solid axle conversion instead of swap. People that dont know much about the subject thought I was just swaping solid axles instead of converting from IFS to solid. Most of the time now I just call it straight axled.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I still need to finish a bunch of stuff but it rides great. One of the upper links needs to be moved, finish welding the exhaust up, make actual shock tabs on the links, buy bigger coils, and definetly swap the leaf springs. That pic was taken with the front end and trans/tcase in the bed though. I was suprised that the coils compressed to almost half the expanded height. Ill be getting some 6 inch lift coils to go in it once I get it back on the road.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You need to PAINT DAT SHIT!!!!! :flipoff2: The eastcoast and rust are the debil!
Everyone says that. I had to get the truck out of the shop before I could paint it and now its just sitting at my house while I finish up school. Its been to cold to paint it. It will come right off with the wire brush so Im not worried about it.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've told him that 2-3 time on TTORA and the dude don't listen!!!!:confused: its only 1.5" tubing unsleeved at that!!!!

-David
Ive listened. Its what I had at the time and Im still not sure if the setup is going to work the way I want it. Once I drive the thing and make sure it handles Im going to sleeve the lowers. When doing my links I was goign to go with 1 3/4 x.250 and was told plenty of times that it was in stock. When it came down to buying it they didnt have it and noone in the area carried it. I only had 2 days to get it done so I had to use what I had.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ive listened. Its what I had at the time and Im still not sure if the setup is going to work the way I want it. Once I drive the thing and make sure it handles Im going to sleeve the lowers. When doing my links I was goign to go with 1 3/4 x.250 and was told plenty of times that it was in stock. When it came down to buying it they didnt have it and noone in the area carried it. I only had 2 days to get it done so I had to use what I had.

Buy some 2" .250 and stick what you have in there, then you should be good

-David

1 - 20 of 82 Posts