Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....They're on sale for a little over $1200 (new model coming out). Is this a good welder? I'd just about settled on a Miller 185, but this one sounds like a good deal (even though it's a little out of my budget) - if it's a good welder/brand, etc. Anyone know anything about/have any experience with them?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I was looking at that last week. Essentially the same price as a MM210. They say its the same model, just a new color coming out. I couldn't find any reviews or much information, so I didn't give it a second thought. Consumables could be expensive or hard to get. If anyone has personal experience, I would also like to hear.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
The Company that makes it (Thermadyne) owns Tweco, so my guess is that parts availability wouldn't be too bad and at least you know it has a good gun. Check here . I doubt they'd use a competitors parts on their own product. If this is the same unit (250 vs. 251?) I'd say it's a good deal. There's an 800 number for info at the bottom of the sales brochure on the last link.

I own a Victor Torch that's probably 20 years old, my dad used a TurboTorch for 25+ years(He was a plumber), and I've used Stoody rod, so unknowingly I've been supporting them for a while!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts