Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading old threads for a few hours now... if this has been dredged up before just point me in the right direction.

All I am wondering is what thickness/size of tubing is everyone using for your tube frame, particularly a rear tube frame (I am retaining my cab and stock frame from the cab forward). I want it to be able to take some good hard impacts.

Thanks. :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
on my buddie s rig .120 wall been holding up fine and that was HREW weve also done chromoly in the same thickness and it works really well.

You'll probably get different responses so match an answer to a picture of what you plan on doing. If you plan on using their basic design use their tube thickness, it always works to copy

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i made all the inner structure outta 120 hrew tube, then schedule 40 pipe of nearly the same size for anything thatll get bonked on a rock...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.

Using my own design. Kind of like Dustin Emmick's kind of like Scott Ellinger's it has yet to be completely hashed out.

So booger you don't think that .120 can take a bonk from a rock?

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
yeah 120 is kool, lots of competion rigs outta 120, i just like schedule 40 cause it takes a hit better than tube and i dont get a new tube chassis every season...mines all 1.75 120 DOM/hrew on the inner bracing and crossbars...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
i made a new rear outta tube for running leafs. used 2x120 DOM for the main rails, braced with 1.75 hrew and 1.5 hrew. its all about the bracing, go for triangle power.......late

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
Big Bad Pete said:
So booger you don't think that .120 can take a bonk from a rock?
You have to understand the way Booger (my son) drives!!!!! He does not "Bonk" stuff, he BONKS stuff!!!!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
well, some guys use 13/4"x120 wall for the major frame and roll cage, then go to 1.5 x 90wall for other stuff like braces or such,does make a difference in weight depending on amount of tubeing used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts