Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was thinking about going to calico this coming saturday the 27th... post up if interested.:flipoff2:

i was thinking about doran/odessa.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That sounds great but I tore my car up this wekeend. all for a small chunk of wood that says I got 3rd.:(

I cant wait for the next comp:D

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Mike, Hope in with me and maybe we can go explore that far east side canyon that is buggin the hell out of me. We all have winches, lets go see what trouble we can get ourselves into?:grinpimp:

It is the same weekend of the fun in the dessert just so you know. Thats where everyone else will be at. But I don't want to pay $75 plus another $15 for dinner for just one day:shaking:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my truck is fixed. we put some .25" wall rail in there and did a triangulated brace. that fucker isn't going anywhere! something else is going to break...

im still on the fence on if i feel like going out to the desert this weekend. i've been pretty lazy lately. ill post up and let you know by thursday night. theres this girl i've been hanging out with and she wants to go wheeling... i think she may be working this sat, but i want to get her out there and see if she can hang. haha

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so yea... i don't feel like driving 300 miles this saturday. im going to be lazy. probalby in two weeks from this saturday i would be down. mike might even have that ftoy fixed by then.

i might cruise up to azusa. looks like a fun quick day run.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I ended up going to the hammers. Ran Claw 1 a.m. Satuday morning, got back to camp at 4 am then woke up at 7 am to go run HWY 20 and broke my shit:D:laughing: Didn't get back to camp until 8 pm that night. So two trails done in less then 24 hours with little to no sleep. good times:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what did you break? any pics? did you have your bigger tires on?

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
When I do the hammers, I put my 40" Maxxis CC's on. I bent my tie rod all up, broke the housing on my winch(under warrenty), left front Hub started to cry(unlocking on its own), Rear D/S U-joint about to go south.

The hub started to cry at the last leg on Hwy20. So we unlocked the hub and winched the last 150 meters. Thats when I broke the housing on the winch. The tie rod got smacked earlier on Claw during the early morning night run( 2:00 am ish), and just got worse during Hwy20. And the rear U-joint is just at its time. They never last more then 4 serious outings for me any ways.:shaking:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice. when ujoints fail, is it the "X" part, or the clamps that hold them? i need to start carrying spares.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
nice. when ujoints fail, is it the "X" part, or the clamps that hold them? i need to start carrying spares.
its the needle bearings that go out. Its better to have weak cheap fuse then a expensive one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts