Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have researched and found nothing:confused: . Dose anyone have any first hand experance(sp) with putting a 90 dash in a 84 truck?? Would love to see pic's and find out how well they fit. I have heard it is just a direct bolt in but no first hand experance. Thanks for the help;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have not experance with 3rd to 2nd swaps but I tried to put a 94 dash in a 91 and some of the holes didn't line up but not that hard to make new ones. If its not perfect it dosent matter that much its just a truck. all that really matters the wiring harness for the instrument panel and since toyota makes all there stuff the same that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
There's a guy around here with a 3rd gen dash in a 1st gen cab. I might be able to get pics someday, but not anytime soon.:D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SeaBass44 said:
search a little better.....this was posted a week ago. BOSSMAN put a 9? into a 83.......all the info is there.

Found that :rolleyes: donen't have any info on a third ged to a second gen but thanks for the help?

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
TOY 2 said:

Found that :rolleyes: donen't have any info on a third ged to a second gen but thanks for the help?
Same deal, you will have to make some brackets, what are you looking for? There is no step by step book on this:rolleyes: like that rolling eye thing?:rolleyes: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :shaking: :shaking:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SeaBass44 said:

Same deal, you will have to make some brackets, what are you looking for? There is no step by step book on this:rolleyes: like that rolling eye thing?:rolleyes: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :shaking: :shaking:

Not looking for your smartass remarks:flipoff2:

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
P.S. I have a ton of 90's dash parts, but shipping sucks cause the dash is 4" longer then UPS's standard size. I don't have all the dash or I would do this to my 80;) but if ya need some parts cheap, let me know.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks :D I will keep you in mind if I make a trip that way. I plan on trying to find a complete dash in a wreck or parted out rig but that might be harder then I think:(

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
TOY 2 said:
Thanks :D I will keep you in mind if I make a trip that way. I plan on trying to find a complete dash in a wreck or parted out rig but that might be harder then I think:(
yup, that would be best, not sure I would try piecing one together either:eek:

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
the 89 and newer dash is slightly wider than a ealier 84-88 dash. you will have to do some custom work to get it in. I was looking to do the same iin a friends rig I was putting together. the cross brace for the dash is a little to wide also but can get it in there with a little work. If i remember correctly troy muse has a later model dash in his 84-88 truck. I have seen a 89 pickup with a 88 and older dash in it before too.

don't use this info for a runner, cause they had the newer body style in 90:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya I seen troy's truck once before:eek: . you could put any dash in that thing and it wouldn't help. couldn't tell if it fit or he took a hammer to the truck and made it fit:D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NOODLES said:
the 89 and newer dash is slightly wider than a ealier 84-88 dash. you will have to do some custom work to get it in. I was looking to do the same iin a friends rig I was putting together. the cross brace for the dash is a little to wide also but can get it in there with a little work. If i remember correctly troy muse has a later model dash in his 84-88 truck. I have seen a 89 pickup with a 88 and older dash in it before too.

don't use this info for a runner, cause they had the newer body style in 90:flipoff2:

what do you mean by slightly wider? 1" or 1/4"? I think anything under 1/2" I could make fit but anywider I would wonder if you could get it to fit properly.

Can this be done to make it look FACTORY to someone that dosen't know toy's very well?:D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
originally posted by jones
There's a guy around here with a 3rd gen dash in a 1st gen cab. I might be able to get pics someday, but not anytime soon.
I found some pics of this truck. I thought I'd post them up. It also has the 3rd gen front end. :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
what the hell is wrong with that poor truck? swapping a boring 90s grill and dash into a '79-83 is blasphemy :flipoff2:

·
Registered
34,181 Posts
May not help, but check w/ TacoRunner on Marlin's board. He's done a Taco dash into his 85 4Runner. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but he might be able to give you some tips on what had to be changed...

·
Registered
34,181 Posts
jones said:
I found some pics of this truck. I thought I'd post them up. It also has the 3rd gen front end. :D
This is driving me nuts - must have more info.

Looks like a 4-cyl, auto, which means it's definitely not a 1st gen. IFS = not first gen. I'm guessing it started out as a third gen, 1st gen box and some body work to make it look like a 1st gen on the outside. The interior looks all 3rd...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts