Pirate 4x4 banner

1041 - 1060 of 3218 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Longtime reader, First time poster checking in. 2nd gen 4-Runner SAS, lockers, bumpers, t-case etc... underway. Looking for another FJ40 to build. My current 4-Runner will be painted sand-dollar (color of my last cruiser). Anyone else done this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm another one of those people who was sucked into the whole Charlie vs. Mike gear epic. I found it linked on a DSM forum (DSM being Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon) yesterday and it's taken me a full day to read a good 20 pages, skip to the end, and know that the world is still a good place full of decent people, many posting on this forum. :D

I'm hoping mutual respect and appreciation of another guy who likes to do it himself will get me some good input for working on the girlfriend's 99 Amigo 4x4 despite how I completely gave up on the Jeep upon seeing the Eagle Talon in the showroom back in 1996. I mean, you should have seen the lighting they were using! I had no choice! :p

Anyways, I feel like this is going to be the best place for me to find some good info to get the girlie really tearing shit up off road in the Amigo without fear of "what if I break something?" I'll just have to fix it.

Looking forward to spending some quality time with the search utility. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Found this link on Static-X.com

I was on the Static-X website and found this site. I just bought myself a 1/2 ton Dodge shortbed 4x4 and I've gotten a lot of info on it from the older members on the site. Well not the older members, but the ones who have had a 4x4 long before myself. I'm 38 and just bought one for fun so I'm a noob too. so don't feel bad you young pups, I ain't no spring chicken!! :beer:

·
Registered
21 Posts
confused about posting.

I feel a right chump here but I can't seem to work out how I post a question on any of your forums. I have been simply selecting the reply options and then sending a question which probably upsets the whole thread thing. Can someone put me out of my frustration and humour my ignorance by telling me what is probably obvious to every other member accept me because I am obviously of very small brain. How the hell do I post a question or start a thread. Apologies to all those who have followed a thread only to find in the middle of it a completely unrelated question that leads off on an entirely new thread nothing to do with the root. sorry and sorry again for being such a half wit. Had some excelent replies though. Thanks, bigtorque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all first timer here. My name is Jon and drive a 1988 Ford Bronco 351ci, 6" rough country lift, 36" TSL's, otherwise stock. Looking forward to getting a lot of ideas and information from people on this forum for my future plans with this vehicle. Talk to you all soon I'm sure:smokin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
F N G

Hi All;

Checking in as a effing new guy from New Brunswick, Canada :D

I drive a 1985 Land Rover 110 CSW , 2.5 petrol imported from England.

It's a tad underpowered so i'll dare ask a question about repowering with a Chevy 6 cylinder in the Rover forum soon........:) Regards;

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi, im new

david
little rock Arkansas

1994 std cab 4x4 22RE 5spd.

stock except reverse lights and CD player. oh and 96 4runner wheels and grille.

glad to be here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sweet so yeah im new here.

I own a selection of toys. The one thats built the most right now is my 87 Runner

so yeah... youll see some pics soon and maybe a build up on a 4x4 race truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I shall check in… I’m new. This is my buggy http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/l_reason/IMGP1273.jpg . It is the first 4x4 I have ever had, It took a few months and a lot of great Canadian beer to build. I made it to trail run, mud and what ever ethos I come across. IT IS NOT A ROCK BUGGY! It’s a Suzuki SJ410 frame, transfer case, samurai axles (3.73), chev 4.3 & 4spd auto. 33”swampers/boggers . Since the photo I mounted a warn 8274 in the back.

Great sight I look forward to learning from you guys.
PT

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm a new guy.

Well I've been reading these postings for over a year and figured it was about time to sign up. I've got 2 jeeps in different stages of build up and could use some tech help. I've got an 86 Cj7 with a 98 4.0L and a pristine 49 CJ3A with a Ford 289 in it. Both are geting major drivetrain and suspension build ups right now. Looking for info on shackle reversals on early CJ3A's and leads on a some Dana 44 axles.

1041 - 1060 of 3218 Posts