Pirate 4x4 banner

1301 - 1320 of 3223 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newby Newby Do

I'm a newby to this forum,but not to the sport. But I do have a problem, I just installed a Marlin L52HD 5 spd with a new centerforce clutch, crawl box, and rear case with twin stick and now, the darn truck acts like its in neutral you can move every lever and she won't move. Got any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, yes i am a newby with lots of questions. been working on a 72', K5, 350 5.7, t350, 205, 12 bolt heavy duty axels from a 76, edelbrock victor jr. intake manifold, edelbrock carb, hooker headers, duel flow masters, 36" swampers/ 33" all terrains for every day bs, rancho gas shocks, would appreciate good suggestions

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I guess I'm a newbie on here.

I have a 98 Jeep ZJ w 7" lift, Q78 TSLs. HP D30 in the front, 8.8 in the back, ARBs, etc, etc.
Long arms from a prototype kit that I bought and welded up. Sierra Rock Control if you ever heard of them. They made like 4 kits total before shit canning the business.

Probably don't remember it, but it was in that mag that 4 wheel parts sends out for free last year. One of the Alaska stories.

Eventually will probably put 1 tons under it when I save some $$.

Also have a 98 Ram CTD sitting on 35 BFG M/Ts. Tow rig, daily driver, ocansional sled puller.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you know which post is being replied to?

I can tell when the reply has a quote at the top of the post. But when there's no quote, how do you know?

Oh yeah... I'm a newbie (clearly) and have an '81 bob-tailed scrambler with a tbi360, th400, atlas, airlockers, 4 link and 39.5 iroks

·
Registered
0 Posts
85 4runner front sway bar bushing size

I recently picked these up on Ebay.

"Toyota 4Runner 1984-88 Poly Sway Bar Bushings 23mm"

I later learned mine are 19mm
Question; Did they make a 23mm sway bar, I want one!

Thanks
This forum rocks! I just replaced the timing chain TPS CAT ect Runs
great thanks to all the information in here.

Two bushings and I am back on the road.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi

hi, i drive a honda civic but thought it would be fun to join this board!

just kidding, three of my brother in laws own 80s toyota trucks and they're getting me into it too. i just bought my first truck, a 1988 pickup, which my bros are helping me make offroad-worthy before going to death valley and tuweep (grand canyon). i can hardly wait!

i've been reading posts on this board for two weeks now and must say i've learned a lot and am quite impressed by how friendly and helpful people are here, in general.

my truck is stock, besides the 31"x10.5" tires and a nice camper shell with wooden sleeping platform (bed above, gear below). and having done my research and conferring with my bros, i bought the following:

- downey crawler box, exhaust headers, cold air intake, and ifs truss
- 4crawler rock sliderz with integral airtanks
- old man emu suspension, front and back*
- aussie lockers, front and back
- sky manufacturing dual transfer case crossmember
- smittybuilt air compressor
- flood lights
- hi jack as soon as i get out to the local 4x4 store (shipping is cost prohibitive; i ordered everything else online)

* by bros all have solid axles and told me to do the same, but i've already maxed out my card for the above! besides, i'm more of a camper than a rock crawler (i've been hiking and backpacking starting before i can remember -- since literally two years old; my dad was a avid camper).

i wanted to get "everything" at once since camping season is starting and i plan on getting a lot of use of my new toy. a truck shall really open up an entire realm of backwoods camping previously inaccessible to me. i can hardly wait!

one happy camper :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi

hi, i drive a honda civic but thought it would be fun to join this board!

just kidding, three of my brother in laws own 80s toyota trucks and they're getting me into it too. i just bought my first truck, a 1988 pickup, which my bros are helping me make offroad-worthy before going to death valley and tuweep (grand canyon). i can hardly wait!

i've been reading posts on this board for two weeks now and must say i've learned a lot and am quite impressed by how friendly and helpful people are here, in general.

my truck is stock, besides the 31"x10.5" tires and a nice camper shell with wooden sleeping platform (bed above, gear below). and having done my research and conferring with my bros, i bought the following:

- downey crawler box, exhaust headers, cold air intake, and ifs truss
- 4crawler rock sliderz with integral airtanks
- old man emu suspension, front and back*
- aussie lockers, front and back
- sky manufacturing dual transfer case crossmember
- smittybuilt air compressor
- flood lights
- hi jack as soon as i get out to the local 4x4 store (shipping is cost prohibitive; i ordered everything else online)

* by bros have solid axles and told me to do the same, but i've already maxed out my card for the above! besides, i'm more of a camper than a rock crawler (i've been hiking and backpacking starting before i can remember -- since literally two years old; my dad was a avid camper).

i wanted to get "everything" at once since camping season is starting and i plan on getting a lot of use of my new toy. a truck shall really open up an entire realm of backwoods camping previously inaccessible to me. i can hardly wait!

one happy camper :)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
newb check in

1301 - 1320 of 3223 Posts