Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay they are actually being run right now in a rig- who's ? i do not know but we will soon- and the dude i'm dealing with says this i don't know how they will sell - I say well how strong are we expecting these to be hehe- He says should be good we have a retired dude from new venture who know's his shit making gears - Yeh :D -I'm glad its not a mechanical engineer straight out of college hehe:D - sooo the big 2 questions how much - should be close to a grand or so- maybe 1100-1200 range most- and we will surly test it with a friends 44 swampers and big block in the rocks hehe- He said hmmm- yeh that's our type of testing ! hope this clears up some things- hope these are available early next year we want to test as soon as possible- Jess

·
Newb
3,118 Posts
Did he give you any idea about what type of mods have to be made to the case itself - grinding, etc.?

Good info! Thanks!

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its a new input and output from what i hear - but mods ? no not that i have heard- Jess

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
nice thing about this, IMHO, is having the 205 have 3:1 and the 203 2:1 in a doubler. then, you would thoretically have 4 different gear combo's to get into.

1:1 for highway
2:1 for light trails
3:1 for the rough stuff
6:1 for the rocks

sounds good to me:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stephen at ORD has a set coming out around Feb...he is saying the cost of his set will be around $750..that's a ballpark price though

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
zakk, you can already do that without 205 gears. WMS makes 3:1 for the 203......I think it's going to be more suited for the guy that doesn't have room for the doubler, and or the guy that needs deeper gears, I.E. 203 and 205 with 3:1 gearsets.

-Scott

·
Registered
728 Posts
Where do you get these gear sets that are suposedly already out?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I think I'd rather see a tcase doubler for the 208 or 241.
( I won't ask Zakk to square 2.61:flipoff2:)

once you pass $1200-$1500, it's hard not to justify an atlas

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
reddwarf said:

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

2 x 3 = ??? :flipoff2:
me no likie math-e-matics...my edimication wazn't funded on n00mbers:flipoff2:

and who is the idiot that put a 5 next to the 6 on the number pad???:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

If i was running the doubler, having the 205 with the 3:1 would be the better choice, IMHO. The gear driven 205 would probably take the mods better than a chaindriven 203.

I guess you could go 3:1 in BOTH cases, that would be pretty insane!:eek:
A crawl ratio of 91.5:1 could be achieved w/o factoring in converter slip in my th350 and 4.10's. with a 465 that would be around 240:1:eek:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Dude, you throw away the chain case and center diff of the 203 when going to a doubler. :rasta: All of the 203 that's used is the range box, which is all big helical gears just like a 205. By increasing the ratio in one of them, you'll weaken it some; how much, don't know yet. But IMHO it would be smarter for that case to be the first one in line. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Lloyd said:
Dude, you throw away the chain case and center diff of the 203 when going to a doubler. :rasta: All of the 203 that's used is the range box, which is all big helical gears just like a 205. By increasing the ratio in one of them, you'll weaken it some; how much, don't know yet. But IMHO it would be smarter for that case to be the first one in line. ;)
I think he was reffering to running 2 203's being weaker than a 203 and a 205 at the end, which he is right about.

J. J.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
i would think you'd want the reduction in the second case, cause if its in the front case you'd be putting more reduction/strain on the rear case. just my .02 :beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts