Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, our high school shop class is building a stock-mod class comp rig for the UROC Pro-Atlantic series. Today HAAS Automation (www.haascnc.com) confirmed as our major sponsor for the next 2 seasons. We are very proud and lucky to have their support, as well as, the many others who have been supporting us:)

ps. we will post pics and updates on the project soon

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
shopteach said:
As some of you know, our high school shop class is building a stock-mod class comp rig for the UROC Pro-Atlantic series. Today HAAS Automation (www.haascnc.com) confirmed as our major sponsor for the next 2 seasons. We are very proud and lucky to have their support, as well as, the many others who have been supporting us:)

ps. we will post pics and updates on the project soon
Last time I check UROC didn't have a stock-mod class:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diesel Smoke said:
Last time I check UROC didn't have a stock-mod class:confused: :confused:
check again after everything is updated, the NEUROC series is re-named and under UROC Pro Atlantic keeping the stock mod class even though it does not appear on their web site

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Nice deal, shopteach. It is out-of-the-norm sponsors like that that will bring the sport to the next level. What type of deal was established and what do they want you to do on your end? If that is personal info that is fine, but some of the guys out there looking for sponsors could use the information of what to expect and what is expected of them with sponsors.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zachv said:
Nice deal, shopteach. It is out-of-the-norm sponsors like that that will bring the sport to the next level. What type of deal was established and what do they want you to do on your end? If that is personal info that is fine, but some of the guys out there looking for sponsors could use the information of what to expect and what is expected of them with sponsors.
since we are a Machine Trades high school class HAAS was a very nice fit in many ways. our project is designed to decrease the dropout rate, foster relationships with business and and industry, draw interest in trades programs, and raise money to purchase a new CNC mill for the school shop.
it definately helps that we are a public education class that would qualify as a charitable organization rather than just an independent team.
Haas does not have any requirements of us, they simply support education and feel that our project is wothwhile for them to support.
as far as the $ goes, it will cover entry fees and fuel/travel for 2 seasons. i do not feel comfortable letting out a # just yet.
we look forward to meeting you guys at jellico!

·
Registered
821 Posts
That is awesome for you and your students. Good for company like that to step up too.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
shopteach said:
yes, since my daughter (pictured) is now 2 with 2 years driving and fabricating experience; she is on her way!

That's awesome :smokin:... I'm sure she will thank you years from now for the wheelin' experience she gets as a youngin'... I know my folks bringin' me out to Glamis when I was under a year old was probably the best thing they coulda done for me :grinpimp:

Congrats on the sponsorship! Every little bit helps--and this sounds like ALOT of help from the company. Good to see companies picking up educational ventures like yours to help out.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Congrats,...Haas automation has been sponsoring motorsports more and more. They make a decent little machine

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
I fail to see the tech or benefit of it for other people in this post :confused:

Chit Chat :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
shopteach said:
check again after everything is updated, the NEUROC series is re-named and under UROC Pro Atlantic keeping the stock mod class even though it does not appear on their web site
Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts