Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I woke up to the sound of a strong breeze & a strange popping noise........ Then the fire alarm went off & my wife imediately yelled fire. I looked up @ the vent in my room & sa wsmoke so I quikly put some pants on & ran out in the living room. their was a bonfire size fire in the corner by my stereo equipment & my couch was flaming. I quickly sprinted out to my 60 to grab my extiguisher. I ran back in the house & unloaded the whole think on the fire & it slowed it down but the small extguisher went out quick it then flamed up & we all ran out & waited for the F.D. By the time they got a water truck there our whole living room & was fried & the rest of the hose was melted & smoked. the only savign grace is the garage w/ all my cruiser stuff survived unscathed. My wife her freind who lives w/ us & I all go out safe. the pet birds my wife had for 14 years died :(. our whole neihborhood & family have been great & I guess this could end up for the better I just had to get it out. I guess it will be awhile before I can get back to my cruiser :( this sucks!!!! I just needed to get this out but I wont be on the board for a few days until I get back to work. If you want to see me on the news I'll be on @ 11pm tonight on las vegas channel 3 If you get it :flipoff2: This has been a crazy day!!

This sucks!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Glad to hear everyone important is safe and sound (and the cruiser!) Stories like this make me want to go to Home Depot and buy another fire extinguisher or two for various places in the house. When you need one, there is no such thing as overkill. :( :(

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
I feel for you man, let me know if there's something I can help you with.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Dude!
What can I do to help?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Oh dude, I'm very sorry to hear that... It's easy to overlook that every house I go into is someone's HOME.

My wishes for a good insurance company, and a start on re-building.

I'm glad no people were hurt, but the pet I'm sure was a deep loss.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
rustycruiser said:
Stories like this make me want to go to Home Depot and buy another fire extinguisher or two for various places in the house. When you need one, there is no such thing as overkill. :( :(
heh, my house...hmm....4 in the garage, two in the basement, and two more in the house. overkill?;)

sorry about your house man! that would scare the crap outta me.:(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Everything that is material can be replaced. You are very lucky no one was hurt. Sorry to hear about your pets.:( :(

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Cory, sorry to hear about your house, but I'm glad nothing happened to your or your family. Let me know if there's anything I (we) can do to help you out, man.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm truely sorry to hear of your loss. Thank God you are all safe. We'll be saying a special prayer for you and yours to hope for a fast acting Insurance company so they can get you back to normal in as short a time as possible. Hang tough.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I am really sorry to hear about the birds. I have 2 dogs and a cat and I dont know what I would do if I lost them.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
That sucks :( but in the end everything will be OK.....except for the birds it was all just "stuff"

I had a kitchen fire a few years ago, guess where my fire extinguisher was.....you guessed it in a Cruiser not in the house.

Best wishes
John

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your comments & support . this really sucks especially since I've sobered up :( This really makes me realize how bad it must have been for screwzer when he lost EVERYTHING. Its a good idea to have lots of big extignuishers, Ive been putting it off for awhile b/c $150 for good quality extiguishers allways seemed better spent on the cruiser. I probably could have had the thnig out before it got nearly as far as it did. what really sucks is we were about 3 weeks from getting our loan on the house to get it out of my brothers name. He's in mexico right now w/ no idea what happened & we can't get ahold of the insurance company to even find out what is covered. The first thing everbody thought is that I set the garage on fire working on the cruiser. thats the only place that was not hurt. Thanks for all your support & this looks like it might cause us to move to Hawaii like we've been contemplating for the last few months. this will probably all end up for the better. a funny side note, I had no idea until later that my wife ran out of the house topless :D good thing there were no bad girls caught on tape filming crews around :eek: but the were a bunch of guys in the scene real quick.

Thanks again for everything, now I just need to get the power turned back on in the garage so I gat back to work on my axle ;)

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
sixty said:
Thanks for all your comments & support . this really sucks especially since I've sobered up :( This really makes me realize how bad it must have been for screwzer when he lost EVERYTHING. Its a good idea to have lots of big extignuishers, Ive been putting it off for awhile b/c $150 for good quality extiguishers allways seemed better spent on the cruiser. I probably could have had the thnig out before it got nearly as far as it did. what really sucks is we were about 3 weeks from getting our loan on the house to get it out of my brothers name. He's in mexico right now w/ no idea what happened & we can't get ahold of the insurance company to even find out what is covered. The first thing everbody thought is that I set the garage on fire working on the cruiser. thats the only place that was not hurt. Thanks for all your support & this looks like it might cause us to move to Hawaii like we've been contemplating for the last few months. this will probably all end up for the better. a funny side note, I had no idea until later that my wife ran out of the house topless :D good thing there were no bad girls caught on tape filming crews around :eek: but the were a bunch of guys in the scene real quick.

Thanks again for everything, now I just need to get the power turned back on in the garage so I gat back to work on my axle ;)
I have power and a garage (with 220) you could work on your axle here is you would like :)
Doubly so if your topless wife shows up :flipoff2:

Seriously,
ANYTHING I can do just ask..

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
sixty said:
I quickly sprinted out to my 60 to grab my extiguisher. I ran back in the house & unloaded the whole think on the fire & it slowed it down but the small extguisher went out quick it then flamed up .....snip....

This sucks!!!!!!
Bummer, you're right, that does suck!! Glad you all made it out safely, sorry about the birds!! And sounds like you have kept a good attitude on things, considering!! Is your wife's run to safety gonna be on the film at 11?? ;)

When I moved to the Colorado mountains from the east coast, I thought "great, no more worries about hurricanes and tornados." But it in someways it is more stressful concerning home loss due to the higher risk of fire out here. Especially the last couple years of drought, and since most homes are mostly wood constructed.

Last year after hearing about Screwzer's bad luck and our 3rd summer in a row of severe drought, I picked up fire extinguishers at Costco for every room in the house (except the living room and bathrooms). Every closet has an extinguisher mounted inside the door. The garage has few extinguishers. These extinguishers are rated ABC for wood, liquid and elect fires!! I have 4 escape "rolled up" ladders coming soon to be able get out of windows if necessary from the upstairs rooms!! I'm not sure it'll save our house in the event of a fire, but I'm sure it will help everyone get out!! Stuff is replaceable, family and loved ones are not!! :(

May the rest of the year be better for you and your family!! And glad that none of your Cruiser stuff got toasted!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts