Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went out to my Jeep yesterday my damn bumper and winch were gone:mad3: . Some Ahole stole it off the front of my jeep overnight. What pisses me off the most is they are probably just going to dump the bumper and sell the winch. It took me a week and two tries to get the bends right. I talked to my insurance this morning and they hesitated, but they said they would cover it. Sorry for steaming but I am pretty mad.:mad: Here's a before picture.

·
Registered
751 Posts
That really sucks. That bumper looks like it took a lot of work. I had the same thing happen to me in Miles City, Montana of all places...it sucks.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
And your technical question is.....what......
A) How do i track down a winch/bumper thief?
B) How do i weld my shit so it doesn't dissapear?
C) How do i jack up the estimate on my winch/bumper to get more from my insurance?

Sorry you lost your junk man, been there before so i feel your rage. Thieves suck ass. But seriously.....this belongs down yonder in the general chat forum.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
BTW, did they take the stinger and grill guard too? I see the stinger is welded to the bumper..... Was the Warn mounted to the crossmember or a plate connected to the bumper? looks like they went to a lot of work to get your stuff. Fawkers. Hope they burn in hell. :evil:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You should have had the cops dust your front end for prints then have a private investigator hunt the fawker down....then you can heat a coat hanger up on the stove and stick it in his ass real slow. Weld the bumper to the frame or get some of those locking bolts, or both.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Put a few tack welds on the bolts that mount the winch to bumper, and the bumper to the frame. That's what I'm going to do as soon as I order mine later this week.

Thank you for your comments delegator CJim7, have some compassion for the guy. Who cares what section it is in? Maybe this thread will serve as a heads up for other people to weld the bolts so their stuff doesn't get stolen.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it was easier for them to take the whole bumper than just the winch. They got the whole thing radiator hoop and stinger and cut the winch leads right at the grill. I am lucky they did not short and burn the Jeep up. Next time I am going to weld the bumper to the frame and tack the winch bolts. At least insurance is giving me $2000 for the whole thing, 600 for the bumper and 1365 for the winch and install (of course I will install it myself) and I guess I am going start on a replacement bumper this weekend.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Did you ask whether your insurance premium would go up? I know that my insurance policy states that if someone steals my vehicle or anything on it, I can make a claim, but (1) I will have to pay a $500.00 deductable and (2) my insurance rates will go up because I am in a "high risk" area.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That was a sick bumper man. Sorry to hear about it getting stole. Keep a look out ofcoarse...they may dumb enough to try and sell ur one off bumper.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
DUDE I JUST REALIZED I WAS IN YOUR AREA. I'm going to put the word out I'm looking for a cheap winch and see if some dickface sufaces to sell one. I'm far enough away to be "out of town".

I also posted it on the ACFW (club site) forum for allt he members to be on the lookout.

Hope we find it. BTW your bumper is awsome.

·
Registered
241 Posts
what was the grill guard made of..tube, pipe....bender?? looks like it flattened out pretty good coming out of the bends...might just be the picture

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
wiggamoe said:
Thank you for your comments delegator CJim7
Yer welcome:flipoff2:
seriously though, i have compassion...as i said, i've been on that boat and it's almost 10x worse when it's something you've spent countless hours building yourself.
Good suggestion on welding the bolts. I put a tack on all the mounting bolts for the winches on both my Jeeps. Someone dedicated to stealing stuff like this will find a way, but it slows them down a bit.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow that freaks me out, got to watch my shiat more closely.

Noticed your "Rock Solid Fabrications" sticker and realized you were local.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That sucks dude. It had to have been 2 or 3 of them thats a heavy combo. Thats why my jeep is always locked in he garage. I've heard of people in my area talk about cheap winches, any kind you want. That pisses me off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice looking setup did you make them fenders from scratch or cut the factory ones and build from them. Sorry to hear about your winch and bumper stolen.
I know what it is like to have many hours in fabricating and then someone take it how do you really price it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
abadbowtie I made the tube fenders from scratch. 1/8" plate and 1.25" .120 wall tube.

Since there is no chance of getting it back, I started on a replacement. I am changing it up a bit. Here's what I got so far.

To finish it up I got two ideas I just do not know what I want to do. Here's the two options I am considering.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry to hear. I like option 2 better.

btw - anyone know what these locking bolts look like and where one can find them?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts