Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high are you? What is the measurement to the window sill. I am looking at mine and i think i might be too high for my own good. Thinking of lowering a little and gooing with full width axles ( 14 bolt rear and 60 front). Please help thanks. This will be driven on road sometimes, but probably not a daily driver.

-Darius

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Since no one's answered...

Mine sat at about 5" over stock when I first did the spring over. My front springs quickly died and I replaced the fronts with a healthy set of stock springs that shot me up to 6" above stock. So if you are using healthy 2.5" lift springs (when sprung under), it is about 8" taller. 4" springs and you have a big ass truck. Some people are using the 2.5" springs with their SOA and are running 35's and it still looks normal though the truck sits fairly tall. I think it's a great setup if you have a lot of weight in the truck. With a SOA with stock springs unless you have a big beefy set of 33s they will look small. 35's are just about perfect IMO.

I hope this helps. Never measured the window sills. If your wife/girlfriend etc is little, she'll have trouble getting in no matter how tall. It's still a little drop down and I'm 6'5.

·
Registered
896 Posts
How high are you?
I'm good and high :rasta:

Oh you mean the truck...

Expect about 6-8 inches of lift. You'll be impressed the first time a full size dog walks under your rig without ducking.

I went out and measured 58 inches to the window sill. That's the low (driver's side) cause mine's leaning and my springs are pretty flat these days.

Wheeling trips are fine becuase you can park next to a rock or a log, but it's a big step up in a Walmart parking lot.

I've also collected a set of 4x12 blocks to stack up to three high around the front when working on the engine. At 6'-3", and with the bullbar and side bars, the hood hits me about mid chest. A shorter fella might have a hard time checking the dipstick without a ladder.

I'm currently thinking a little more lift and some bigger tires would be great.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool...:D
Thanks guys for responding. Mine measures 58' +/-. I'm a little offwith a bad rear spring and the front ranchos have not saged. I was getting worried though, it looked a little out of proportion and did not want to get to tippy. If you look at my sig, I'm running 37s and have yet to install my custom bumper and winch. Got thinking about going full width overnight, and started tracking down deals. Oh yah, I'm a "shorter fella" and my wife is a shorter gal. We are both taking big steps to get in, but oh well keeps me limber:eek:. I have to use a 5 gal bucket to get to the oil, but to get down and deep, I have to stand on the tire...:D . Now i feel a little more comfortable. I will procede with the project knowing I'm average for my group..;) Thanks again

-Darius

1 - 4 of 4 Posts