Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres my question, i'm puttin a HP44 fullwidth in the front, i am wondering if i'm gonna have to outboard my spring mounts or not, here is some pics of the bracketry...

http://community.webshots.com/album/44627871PshShb

anyway, let me know what ya'll think about the outboarding thing, i am planning on taking all of the stuff (knuckles, hi steer arms, etc.) off of my present 44 and swapping it onto the fullwidth. also puttin a 70HD in the rear and bracing the frame like crazy. anyway, let me know what ya'll think about that, should be a good topic.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You'll need to fashion up some 8" or wider front flares, as well as some 7" units out back if you want to run it on the road. I adapted 14 ga. trailer fenders.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Real helpful replies so far huh Ryan? There is a guy in Kodak, TN who runs leaves and full width one tons under an XJ. He is a member of Rattlerock Offroad, I think thier website is Rattlerock.com. I can't remember his name but everyone calls him Sh*thead. Check that website, it might have his e-mail address or something there. If not, send a PM to 350sami, he knows him. If I remember correctly though he ran a shackle reversal with the mounts outboard of the unibody "rails". Hope this helps.

Wes

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks wes, and if someone else would read the original question, i was wondering about the SPRING MOUNTS, not putting them under the jeep. oh yeah, and who needs fender flares? not i, i hardly have any front fender left to begin with :flipoff2:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yeah yeah, i searched a little, but couldn't find what i needed, thanks for the link tho, i'm runnin leaves in the front though, thats why i was curious about whether i'll have to outboard the mounts or not, not something every XJ has

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You're going from a Waggy front to a full width Ford right? Just do a search and see if Waggy owners have to outboard thier mounts when they swap to full width axles. Wouldn't that work? If you already have the axle why not just measure and see? Isn't that guy in your club that stirred up all the poop here a while back running full widths? Did he outboard his mounts?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i will measuer them when i get home today, i am at school right now, i was just bored and didn't want to wait till i got home to do it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
kajeepxj said:
yeah yeah, i searched a little, but couldn't find what i needed, thanks for the link tho, i'm runnin leaves in the front though, thats why i was curious about whether i'll have to outboard the mounts or not, not something every XJ has
As I said, I am running a full width out of a 77 F-250 with LEAF SPRINGS (as it says in my sig) and they are not outboard of the unibody! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
324 Posts
you guys have no idea how incredibly lazy this kid is. he is my roomate and only moves for beer. so dont even think he would actually measure, :flipoff2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
kajeepxj, I sent you an email but your PM mailbox on pirate is full. I have tried over the past several days but nothin. I still want the front axle and rock rods, PM me back.

later,
Robert

·
Registered
324 Posts
you wont here anything from ryan till monday at least, he is at tellico. i will tell him to get in touch with you. i believe he is planning on pulling them next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts