Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I have either 3.5" or 4" tall blocks (forget the exact size) under my truck......I upgraded the ubolts to 5/8" thick, hoping for much more clamping force, to prevent any block movement

They were not cheap, but they are very stout

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Montanatrout- I'll prefer that type over the OP's Bro'd out truck's set up cuz like you said, it eliminate two things, it stops the axle from walking forward under high torque and axle wrap while the OP's method only eliminate axle wrap. It may limits the suspension travel via binding but it's not an huge concern on a work truck where large suspension travel isn't necessary.

·
Registered
394 Posts
montana that is a sexy truck. I too am going to build a set like yours. factory 1 ton susp and 4" blocks. i dont want any wrap of walking when pulling wood.

where axactly did you weld the rear joint to? directly onto the axle under the block perch?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I used to run these, but took them off because those crappy ass tractor links are so loud and sloppy

They did help make the truck feel so much more solid and the trans shifting was smoooooth

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Mine were like D45's and worked great. So much more confident feeling accelerating under load.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Mine were like D45's and worked great. So much more confident feeling accelerating under load.
Like I said, I loved mine.....but those tractor links are horrible and the ubolts on the axle tubes kept moving

I could have tack welded them, but I removed and sold them

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Like I said, I loved mine.....but those tractor links are horrible and the ubolts on the axle tubes kept moving

I could have tack welded them, but I removed and sold them
There was a guy, I believe on CF selling homemade sets using tractor links and gas pipe. Was fetching $4-500 if I remember correct:laughing:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yeah, CPP- Cummins Performance Parts.....they are junk and over priced

But the CF kids buy em up

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Lifted tow rigs are 90% of the bro trucks in corona/riverside.
Not that I don't agree with that statement, but my rig doesn't fall into that group. I'm running 6-7" of lift with no blocks, 4linked with a KP60 and coilovers, regeard properly, 37's on 17's ect.ect.

It can tow, haul shit, wheel, and drive straight down the road at 80MPH with no problems. It's multi-use; just becasue I don't use the truck to 110% of it's capabilites doesn't make it bro'd out.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
What gears are you running in your Dmax and 37s?

I am currently running 4.10s in my truck, but have toyed around changing to 4.30s

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
What gears are you running in your Dmax and 37s?

I am currently running 4.10s in my truck, but have toyed around changing to 4.30s
I run 4.10 and I'm good. If I was towing 50% of the time or more, I could see possibly making a change.

IMO, 4.10 to 4.30 would be a waste. If you're going to change, you need to jump to 4.56 to see a diff and make it worth the $$. You going to pay for it in fuel too if you like to drive over 65.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=277&products_id=2248

TMR Customs just entered the game.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts