Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah, i know, haven't we discussed this enough?!

well, here goes my view on it. i used to think of the TLCA as a necessary evil. there was nor is any other toyota owners association pertaining strictly to 4 wd rigs that is worth a damn. i know there are some smaller groups, but nothing else on the national level.
at this point i'm looking much more favorable upon the TLCA since there is a major influx of "new blood" and the changes are coming as we speak.
as a toyota landcruiser owner and enthusiast i feel that i am to some degree responsible to keep interest in these vehicles and our common hobby alive. and part of that is supporting the TLCA. AND SO SHOULD YOU!!!!!!;)
a lot of people out there are bitching about how the TLCA used to be run, and i agree. nothing personal about any of the ex board members, but what a bunch of stick in the muds with a few notable exceptions.
at this point, i'm not closely affiliated with the TLCA, and these are only my personal thoughts. i'm in no way speaking for them but i'm sure they'd be happy with some support from me and YOU!
so why don't you all send in your check and join, if you have not done so already!? for the measly 20 or 30 bucks a year you do get quite a bit, kinda like paying for your red star on this board. just think about how much money you have saved learning from other people's mistakes that have been published in toyota trail or on the POR board! how many good or even great ideas and tips have you gotten from these 2 sources? and how much money have you saved by doing so?
it's time to show some support!!!!!!!!!! so what if that means you can't buy that extra 12 pack next friday? pay up suckers!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
#4831 here :D

Despite my bitching I still think it's a good idea, besides I've got a lot of faith in Tony:)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I really have not been too involved at any time, but Tony really seems to be guiding it in the right way. I have no idea of what political crap went on before but I hope some people went home unhappy and wont try the sh1t again. I wish the San Diego chatpter was more active and actually in San diego... Its about 30 minute drive without traffic to the meetings. Has anyone started a chapter that could give a few pointers? I would love to start one for thesouthern part of San diego and other areas...

TLCA #3709

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
good speech...i've been lacking in putting in any articles or anything lately, but hopefully i'll have time to do so soon. i think the last thing i worked on was an unfinished crossword puzzle that i started about 12 years ago. btw, tlca #1431

·
Registered
896 Posts
Well said Orange!

I wanted to give something back, so I asked Tony what I could do to help. He suggested helping get a raffle prize for Rubithon. It would really help the already busy volunteers and everybody likes raffles right? I'm looking for ideas, please email or pm me directly if you have some ideas.

I'm willing to put my money (at least a little) where my mouth is. If I can get a few others to join me we might be able to donate something big. I'm always impressed at the display of prizes at Rubicon Springs, the fact that all the stuff get's hauled in is pretty cool. I'm willing to haul something, big, heavy and expensive is OK too. :D

I was thinking it would be cool if this group wanted to go in on something to donate to the cause. It's probably against the forum rules to suggest it. If it's OK I wouldn't mind helping make it happen. Just something to think about.

It could certainly be decorated with a Pirate salute! :flipoff2:

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
I did some recruiting myself this weekend. I know I will post more later, but we had over 30 Cruisers on our club run and there were those that did not belong to TLCA. I kept referring to Toyota Trails and they had not been members in years.

I am going to give TT subscriptions for Chrismas this year :D

Giddy up!

Todd K did a beautiful job on this months TT too! :beer: to you Todd!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
#1548, renewal check went in last week.

well said...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I put my money and time where my mouth is by volunteering to be tlca central and mountian IR, and look forward to helping move the association forward. Lemme know of there's anything I can do to help, Alan in tornadoalley

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Some of you saw my post on Ih8mud regarding my thought back at the beginning of winter. WELL, I have changed my tune. Partially because the currnt President stood up and accepted the challenge (and he's a stand up guy!), helped out by the new faces that have volunteered to get involved. I will be continueing my membership proudly into to the future.

Just read the latest Trails cover to cover, and the new Editor picked up without missing a beat! Good job Todd! I am looking forward to the future of TLCA for the first time in many years, go get em guys/gals!

I might just be a able to provide something for Rubithon, who's in charge of the raffle?

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
New year, new TLCA! New pres. Tony is doing a great job. Yes Todd K. completely came through for all the members of the TLCA, great job on the TRAILS! Did anyone notice the step up in quality on the paper? Todd negotiated that with the printers at the same time vastly reducing the overall printing costs we have been paying. This guy is good… real good.

Mark Hawley
Cascade Cruisers, Inc. TLCA Delegate

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
#4766 here and I just reupped. :D

I don't pay attention to the BS that pops up every now and then. In any organization, there are always people that won't get along with each other.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Preachin' to the choir, boys! #4080, never let it lapse, never missed an issue of TT since I first joined. The last issue was *awesome*, kudos to Todd Kaderabek for following Henry Brimmer's very impressive lead... I can see TT is in good hands.

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm glad that everybody who has replied to this thread seems to agree with me.
i know that a lot of you have read the post and did not reply. maybe you're not a member of TLCA or you don't know enought about it. well, i'm here to tell you that if you have never read a copy of toyota trails (TT), you don't know what you're missing!

PS: just cause nobody replied negatively, does'nt mean that everybody here will lend an ear to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.;)

i have a lot of faith in tony and the rest of the crew, and judging by the last issue of TT, we're in for a great year!:D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Some of us have been unloading and crashing after too many :beer: :beer: :beer: I agree completely, and it is way :cool: to see your name as the "author" , guys if Nolen and I can write an article you all can......hell get your wife or GF type it up, if I hear anyone bitching cause any one club is covered so much, it's just gonna be cause they get off the couch and send the stuff in!!!!!!!
JOIN UP!!!
If you have not seen a Trails email me or one of the reps and we will end you a copy!
Butch:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
orangefj45 said:

i have a lot of faith in tony and the rest of the crew, and judging by the last issue of TT, we're in for a great year!:D
Proud member #4366. But I can't comment on the last issue, because I am a retard and get it bulkmail, and will have to wait untill May when the Pony Express delivers! Bitter? Damn right! Thankfully this is my last slow issue. I just renewed with the First Class option. :D :flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
If you belong to a good club with extra funds you "can" get extra issues first classed in quantity..........we had 6 copies with us at camp this weekend, in addition to mine which arrived Fri. morn.

(rubbing it in)

Butch

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
texican said:
If you belong to a good club with extra funds you "can" get extra issues first classed in quantity..........we had 6 copies with us at camp this weekend, in addition to mine which arrived Fri. morn.

(rubbing it in)

Butch
I hate you Butch! Kicking a man when he is down like that! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

The worst thing with bulk mail is when people talk about the articles online. I get all excited about the mag, but then have to wait 3 weeks till it arrives. Teaches me a lesson for being a cheap bastard and not coughing up the extra ten spot!

:p

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just sent a copy of the trails (and a whole bunch of IH8MUD tech articles) to a buddy out in MT that can't get online. hopefully he will get a membership of his own so he can give me my TT back. I thought of sending a WCLC report in, but we are no longer recognized by the TLCA.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts