Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the thread on the Saden input/output? I have a SD5 from a late 80's XJ for an OBA compressor on my YJ. I read to use NPT fittings so I went down to Home Depot and got some 3/4 NPT adapters. while the female fitting will go on the compressor it has some side to side slop. Doesn’t seem to match.

I also picked up a 1/2" lawn mower filter for the intake and it doesn't match the NPT 3/4 to 1/2 reducer.

What kind of thread patterns I’m I going to deal with? I realize that NPT is a pipe thread but that’s it.

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
The fittings aren't standard NP. They don't seal on the threads. They seal with an O-ring and the threads just compress the O-ring. What I did was buy some AC hose with the proper fittings from a wrecking yard and cut them off a short distance from where they attach to the compressor. These fittings will be aluminum. Next I located two aluminum 1/2 NPT couplers and had them welded on to the AC fittings. I could then hook up whatever I wanted to the 1/2 NPT fittings. For the aluminum coupler, try mcmaster.com .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts