Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wicked Raciest !
Joined
·
17,734 Posts
Kyron said:
Yes there should be two.....

One will work though :)
Not if I am putting it together (unless it is a trail fix), there are two for a reason just like there is six lug nuts!!!! Fix it right the first time, rework sucks!!!!!:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
OOP'S said:
Not if I am putting it together (unless it is a trail fix), there are two for a reason just like there is six lug nuts!!!! Fix it right the first time, rework sucks!!!!!:rolleyes:

especially if u have to pull the tranny twice. make sure they are both there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
OOP'S said:
Not if I am putting it together (unless it is a trail fix), there are two for a reason just like there is six lug nuts!!!! Fix it right the first time, rework sucks!!!!!:rolleyes:
Oops got it!

Now u get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I will probably regret it, but the Toyota dealership did have one in stock, but could not find it. :rolleyes: And the computer screen did only show one clip.. :rolleyes: I'll let you figure out the rest... :rolleyes:

since the bearing is not able to stay forward thanks to the pressure plate pushing back with about 1500 lbs of pressure, I tend to think these clips are just to make assembly easier, or keep rattle from the fork down?

If I have issues, and have to pull things aart, I'll see about popping a second one in there.

Trying to get it done for Moab..

Thanks!

-Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,847 Posts
When I bought my 4runner it made horrible noises, spun bearing, and a rattling noise. Well I pulled the motor, re-cranked it, and when I pulled off the tranny, it had those clips missing on the clutch fork. When I put it back to gether because the clutch fork didn't have those clips, the fork was worn bad and had to replace that also. So, GO TO TOYOTA GET THE TWO 10$$ CLIPS and drive away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
rotozuk said:
And the computer screen did only show one clip.. :rolleyes: I'll let you figure out the rest... :rolleyes:

since the bearing is not able to stay forward thanks to the pressure plate pushing back with about 1500 lbs of pressure, I tend to think these clips are just to make assembly easier, or keep rattle from the fork down?

If I have issues, and have to pull things aart, I'll see about popping a second one in there.
-Wayne
You'll have issues sooner or later! The fsm says two clips and I know I've done several clutches in these trucks. The last time I had to buy a new fork too. The clips hold the t/o bearing away from the spinning clutch diaghragm spring so that it doesn't spin all the time. You'll kill the bearing, the pressure plate fingers where they contact the bearing and then your clutch won't fully disengage and then you'll start killing the transmisssion synchros etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
what exactly is a through out bearing? is that something you threw out the window? or are you speaking of the throw out bearing? :flipoff2: Mine only had one clip that wrapped around both sides, but it's a V6. not sure if they're different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
ROCKPIMP said:
Mine only had one clip that wrapped around both sides, but it's a V6. not sure if they're different.
They're different. Regardless it needs to be secured to both prongs of the clutch fork.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
Now that it is established to have two clips, are there any tricks on how to keep the fork, clips, and bearing from falling apart right as you stab the tranny?

Reason I ask, I am ready to put in my tranny again, but I remember last time I did it I had to pull the tranny TWICE because they keep falling off as soon as I got it stabbed.


No, for real, is there any tips or secrets to help me out so I don't spend all day taking it out and re-stabbing it?
:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
rotozuk said:
Well I will probably regret it, but the Toyota dealership did have one in stock, but could not find it. :rolleyes: And the computer screen did only show one clip.. :rolleyes: I'll let you figure out the rest... :rolleyes:

since the bearing is not able to stay forward thanks to the pressure plate pushing back with about 1500 lbs of pressure, I tend to think these clips are just to make assembly easier, or keep rattle from the fork down?

If I have issues, and have to pull things aart, I'll see about popping a second one in there.

Trying to get it done for Moab..

Thanks!

-Wayne
I know my 22R, 1985, 5-speed that I did a clutch job on last year had TWO clips that held the TO bearing on the end of the fork. Toyota P/N -22010 Dealer $2.21 each. The Turbo version has an extra clip on the back of the sleeve that holds the TO bearing, don't know why?
Gnarls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
TXLUGNUT said:
Now that it is established to have two clips, are there any tricks on how to keep the fork, clips, and bearing from falling apart right as you stab the tranny?

Reason I ask, I am ready to put in my tranny again, but I remember last time I did it I had to pull the tranny TWICE because they keep falling off as soon as I got it stabbed.


No, for real, is there any tips or secrets to help me out so I don't spend all day taking it out and re-stabbing it?
:confused:
It shouldn't fall off if you do it right. I have done 3 different Yotas and never had that problem.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top