Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i went to install a new throw out bearing on my 89 4runner today and realized that it was really loose around the input shaft. So I looked in the manual and realized i was missing a piece that goes around the shaft and the bearing goes on that. Its been awhile since ive taken it apart so I don't know what happened to the old one. so then i looked in the clutch box and the piece i needed wasn't in there. So I went to the local parts stores and every time they look it up in the computer it shows the kits for 88 and earlier not coming with this bushing piece and 89 and later coming with the piece. But since they made two different model 4runners in 1989, it showed both a kit with the piece and without at napa. So it seems that everywhere i look, the kits for 1989 (march) and earlier trucks dont come with the piece and 1989 (april) and later do come with the piece. So my question is, will a throwout bearing/clutch kit from a later year truck fit my truck?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but my question is why dont they include them in the kits when you still need them?
earlier trucks do need them, right?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
its just the throw out bearing holder correct? so they just make it easier for the installer in not having to take the old bearing off. so get the clutch that has the piece you need or pull the old bearing off the holder and install new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts