Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 654 Posts

·
Mr. Personality
10,289 Posts
That Ford blue 60 looks good under the chebby :flipoff2:

I would just buy the material and fab your own mounts/links. We all know you can do it and do it right, judging from your other builds.

Looking forward to a non bolt-on update :D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
the "kit" I'm thinking about buying is a parallel 4 link with pan hard... Bottom line on this one is, I need to get this thing back up and running ASAP as its my DD, i have ZERO time to sit, stare and think about a system that might work.... I need something that's already been designed.. bolt / weld and go so to speak.... I would swap out their shocks for resy kings though, buy some balaistc fab arms / steering parts and pitman arm and brake lines from ORU

I'm still up in the air on this kit vs fabbing my own stuff.... I just don't have the time .. REALLY... Been working 12-14 hour days 6-7 days a week now, so time is a HUGE priority for me right now...

If I buy this kit I'm looking at one weekend worth of work to get back on the road...

I don't know.... Either way, I'm buying parts tomorrow, I need to get this thing rolling...
Since this is just going to be a mild trail runner and daily driver a radius arm setup is not a bad option. It will give you good all around performance and will be pretty easy for you to fab and setup. You could make it even easier copying the ford radius arm or the aftermarket tj type radius arm (rubicon express) and just buying the majority of the parts from one of those companies. (james duff or cage off road for ford type or rubicon express for jeep type)

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts
What "kit" are you looking at? You know you can build something better, cheaper, and stronger...you got the skilz :grinpimp: I understand the time issue though.

:laughing: If you got an extra $7,200 laying around :eek: The short arm kit is still $3,000 yikes

Rock Krawler is very proud to release its first solid-axle swap kit for the '00-'06 Chevy 2500/3500 trucks. The system provides around 9 inches of lift with the help of coilover racing shocks. The system is designed to work with an '03-and-up Dodge Ram axle, but brackets are available to make any driver-side pumpkin axle work with the kit. Heavy-duty steering kits are also available to complement this kit while giving minimal bumpsteer. Rear coilover kits are available as well, or you can stick with a conventional rear leaf setup.

Information: Rock Krawler, 518.270.9822, www.rockkrawler.com

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
that looks like a really sweet setup. awful long span even for .250 without a lip or support at the ends though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
That XXX kit is slik as shit:). If the pure performance kit is anything like rockkrawler then you'll love their customer service:flipoff2: typical new york attitude when talking to them

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i have decided against the pure perfmance "kit"

too much money for what you get ( especially after removing the coilovers and going with kings )

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
that xXx skid plate with the link mounts on it are nice. it will save you time and sets your links up right where they need to be. the skid looks 3/8 so that should be plenty for what he wants to do with the truck.

21 - 40 of 654 Posts