Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Have you pulled the stock Pitman yet?

Some (most afaik) HD's have 3 blind splines on the Sector.

The ORD pitman is just a Superlift PN 1104 (4 blind splines) that's reamed for a ES2027L or 2026R Drag Link End.

It's the Pitman you should run, but if your truck has 3 blind splines you'll have to replace the Sector in the box.

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Did you figure out what you're gonna do with the front output of the T-Case?
nope.. my mission is to get it mobile first.... DD and all.. I'm stuck driving my coupe in a button down and slacks to the office everyday:laughing:

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
have you pulled the stock pitman yet?

Some (most afaik) hd's have 3 blind splines on the sector.

The ord pitman is just a superlift pn 1104 (4 blind splines) that's reamed for a es2027l or 2026r drag link end.

It's the pitman you should run, but if your truck has 3 blind splines you'll have to replace the sector in the box.

fawk

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Toby do you have a pic of the truck all that stuff went on. I have wanted to put a 60 under the front of my D-Max since the day I got it. Only problem is I want to keep it low. I don't want to run over a 315. Everyone I have seen has been higher than I would want.
Definately keeping an Eye on this thread.

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Toby do you have a pic of the truck all that stuff went on. I have wanted to put a 60 under the front of my D-Max since the day I got it. Only problem is I want to keep it low. I don't want to run over a 315. Everyone I have seen has been higher than I would want.
running 35"s now... no mo than 37's for me.

If i could go low with 37's that would be ideal

·
Registered
629 Posts
there is some nice fabwork being done in here , im jealous

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Too bad you're way out west.. I would have bought your IFS parts.. trying to do a 4wd conversion on my own 2500HD, but just stock stuff.. no lift.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
We're working on that truck right now.
We've done a few D-Max's but none with this system. It's working out killer tho, everythng fits perfect. I'll post some pics when it's done.

The Oil Pan and Engine Mounts are low in these rigs so that's what sets how low it can be. Just set up full compression with a 1-2 inches clearance and that's as low as you can possibly get without moving the engine. We're building this one as low as possible, putting glass fenders and bed sides and stuffing big tires in it.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
We're working on that truck right now.
We've done a few D-Max's but none with this system. It's working out killer tho, everythng fits perfect. I'll post some pics when it's done.

The Oil Pan and Engine Mounts are low in these rigs so that's what kinds sets how low it can be. Just set up full compression with a 1-2 inches clearance and that's as low as you can possibly get without moving the engine. We're building this one as low as possible, putting glass fenders and bed sides and stuffing big tires in it.
I'd like to see how this goes too; my 2wd Dmax is looking ripe for putting a front axle under, but it's a pavement pounder dually and I really don't want to lift it (not don't want to make it tall, I don't want to lift it at all, but I know that may not be realistic) in the process.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Here's some pix of a D-max that I built. Rock crusher 60,Kings,4-link with panhard. Just some more food for thought.
Nice work!!!
That's a Dynatrac Pro 60 tho.

That's a lot like one I built a while back.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
The Oil Pan and Engine Mounts are low in these rigs so that's what kinds sets how low it can be. Just set up full compression with a 1-2 inches clearance and that's as low as you can possibly get without moving the engine. We're building this one as low as possible, putting glass fenders and bed sides and stuffing big tires in it.
I was about to ask why all the kits were Parallel 4 link's, and figured this was probably the answer. Seems like maybe you could triangulate the lower links and eliminate the panhard though??

I'm assuming most of these trucks are already running 6" of lift on them, I guess I'd have to see a better side pic at full bump. Very nice and simple crossmember on your kit, and the superduty bushings were a good idea for a pavement pounder.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I was about to ask why all the kits were Parallel 4 link's, and figured this was probably the answer. Seems like maybe you could triangulate the lower links and eliminate the panhard though??
only if you want to make a steering linkage that aligns its pivot with the roll center of the triangulated setup, runs down the links as a push/pull with aligned pivots, or run full hydro.

panhards are BY FAR the best setup for a front with mechanical steering, otherwise you get into really complicated setups.

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
only if you want to make a steering linkage that aligns its pivot with the roll center of the triangulated setup, runs down the links as a push/pull with aligned pivots, or run full hydro.

panhards are BY FAR the best setup for a front with mechanical steering, otherwise you get into really complicated setups.
Guess I forgot about the steering :grinpimp: thinking too much about buggy link setups.

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
I see no probs with parallel 4 links as long as you use bushings and a street rig. With heims, a square box parallel 4 binds on articulation, hence the bushings.

41 - 60 of 654 Posts