Pirate 4x4 banner

641 - 654 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone could! I haven't made one for a TJ/LJ yet, so I don't know if this basic concept would be best for that application. Although I think it would be.

I'm not a vendor here guys.
I'm not tryn to sell stuff.
Just throwing out my thoughts.
The concept is great. I have the parts that the OP used (heim and sector shaft mating nut) and was just about to fab a frame mount but your solution looks better. Where can we buy the bearing (the one that connects to the end of the sector shaft)? I can make the frame mount.

As far as needing one of these I can say first hand that everyone does. I have the full PSC box and hydro assist setup and still snapped the sector shaft during KOH this year (just easy trail riding). Broke on a super easy part. My guess is they crack over time. What a suck day that was!

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #643 (Edited)
Went to the dual shear bracket / bearing set-up.

Mo betta. The sector was actually starting to wear out again (not popping seals yet, but after rebuilding a few boxes, I know the symptoms)

This set-up has eliminated ALL PLAY and will prevent any future wear on the sector.

Thanks Toby. You da man.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
the ifs is the only reason i dont like Chevys. but damn i have to say if they came like this from the factory i would be all over one.

great build and bad ass truck.

Did you ever install the air bags out back? i have about the same amount of lift on my truck. i was thinking about getting some. What bags were/are you going to run.

·
Registered
51 Posts
nope.. my mission is to get it mobile first.... DD and all.. I'm stuck driving my coupe in a button down and slacks to the office everyday:laughing:

Chopperman, I've gone thru this thread a couple times now over the past yr or so but felt like this was a good quote (blast from the past). is the coupe the rat rod that shows up in some shots in your driveway? :grinpimp:
Great thread, nice truck. Have any more pics of the rod?

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is BY FAR the best thread i have seen and quite frankly the best fabrication for a SAS. SERIOUSLY, unbelievable work and my hat is off to Toby and Chopperman. i will be contacting for some brackets, in the process of installing my D60 now.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Went to the dual shear bracket / bearing set-up.

Mo betta. The sector was actually starting to wear out again (not popping seals yet, but after rebuilding a few boxes, I know the symptoms)

This set-up has eliminated ALL PLAY and will prevent any future wear on the sector.

Thanks Toby. You da man.

Yup, bringing this back up. Where can we get this sector nut to shaft that fits in the flange bearing?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #648 (Edited)
Posted this in tow rigs;thought some would benefit from seeing here that don't venture in there.

Finally got the rear bags installed. Major improvement.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Nice build

Looking back, anything you'd change or do different?

641 - 654 of 654 Posts