Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
How much travel are you guys setting them up for? compression, rebound?

I'm toying with the idea of a dana 60 swap in the front of my duramax because I'm sick of the IFS junk and all of it's "compliance" dodge or ford coils and basically copy one of those suspensions into it. I would like a 2-3" lift at most so I dont lose the safe road maners and towing ability.

Cool build(s) cant wait to see teh finished product!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
:smokin:ORD is going to fix my pitman arm to work with the 3 spline NC:smokin:
That's cool.
Here's the deal tho....
All they can do is remove the 4 blind splines in the 1104 Pitman Arm. After they do that you will be able to clock the Pitman in any position 180*, the problem is you are loosing a shit load of spline engagment.
You will have no spline contact where the 3 blind splines are on the Sector and no contact where the 4 blind splines were removed from the pitman.
Think about that.... you will basically have 14 less splines. You only have 36 to start with. That's about 35% or so lost.
It's a daily driver...... I wouldn't do it!

Call PSC. They convert all my boxes. They can probly sell you the Sector, or tell you where to get it.

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
That's cool.
Here's the deal tho....
All they can do is remove the 4 blind splines in the 1104 Pitman Arm. After they do that you will be able to clock the Pitman in any position 108*, the problem is you are loosing a shit load of spline engagment.
You will have no spline contact where the 3 blind splines are on the Sector and no contact where the 4 blind splines were removed from the pitman.
Think about that.... you will basically have 14 less splines. You only have 36 to start with. That's about 35% or so lost.
It's a daily driver...... I wouldn't do it!

Call PSC. They convert all my boxes. They can probly sell you the Sector, or tell you where to get it.
had them hold off on the pit arm mod.. ordered as is.. sendin box to PSC 100.00 OTD for labor, parts, shipping... cant beat that..

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

I'm getting pumped up for this... Tonight the PLASMA COMES OUT:smokin:

·
Registered
353 Posts
This adds some seroius value to the truck IMO. I like the OP has a blower just laying in the background of one of his pictures.

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
This adds some seroius value to the truck IMO. I like the OP has a blower just laying in the background of one of his pictures.
look up some of the choppermans threads in chitchat

61 - 80 of 654 Posts