Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's doing what trails on the other days at the Jamboree? I want to be able to get there Thurs afternoon and run some stuff. I know you guys are gonna do this too, so what you gonna run?

This is the first real wheelin trip since the SAS, so I gotta see what it's capable of. When it's all done, I'll have buggy'd Chevies, rears up front, 37" MTR's, Precision 5.29's, welded fr, locked rr, 2" spacers each side...no t-case gears though. So any recommendations of what other trails besides Aftershock?
I really want to do all of Sledge, but I also don't have a winch so I'm skeptical without the gears or a fearless leader with a winch:D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
the crawler gears would be nice for sledge, but a winch?? unless you're trying to pull the stunt hooder and i did 2 yrs ago you won't need a winch...

i plan to be there about 7 day's and run everything i can!

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DSI said:
the crawler gears would be nice for sledge, but a winch?? unless you're trying to pull the stunt hooder and i did 2 yrs ago you won't need a winch...

I think I need (someone with) a winch since I don't have the gears:D

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Brandon, you'l be fine. Your clutch may get a little pissed, but that depends on how well you can work the peddle. I wouldn't plan on winching until you absolutely have to, which shouldn't be a problem. Have more confidence in your driving..... you of all people should know that, as a judge.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
DSI said:

what days are you going to be there?? i am planing to be there friday and head home tuesday morning.. never been there and would like to do as much as posible.would like to hook up with some one to show me the trails.planing on leaving sac. thursday after work. P.S. a freind and i are on the list for sledge on sat.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I'll be there Thursday evening after work. Probably running Jack north on Friday, maybe something that night. Then Wrecking Ball on Saturday with another run that night.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
oh no i plan to arrive the 17/18ish and stay till the 24th :D

gotta get camo's $1000 from bender alley, then win the lil comp on the RRCA course :D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i plan to be there early thrusday afternoon and follow RE:Todd like a dog all day friday :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I think going up Jack return on thursday night would be a good warm-up, I dont think I have done it at night yet. We generally just run whatever the mood strikes us while we are standing around.
Friday, we will probably hit 2 or 3 trails, depends on whatever other people wanna run. Night runs rule.
Saturday, Bender Alley (if Chris ever gets me signed up for it)
Sunday, we'll have to go spank DSI on the RCAA rock pile:flipoff2: .

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
zags said:
Sunday, we'll have to go spank DSI on the RCAA rock pile:flipoff2: .

Bring It :flipoff2:

of course i am going to have ti find a spotter, that ought to be fun...

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i think 408 jigga and i are just gonna bring a bunch of welded thirds and keep running trails until we are outta ring and pinions and/or inner axles...

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So is there anybody that's willing to lead me around some of the moderate to difficult trails Thurs evening/Friday?? Or maybe if noone wants to wait around, maybe go along for the ride to see if I'm gonna be up to it??:bounce:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Phil Linker said:
I will try to be there by Friday morning. Can't wait to see everybody again.

Phil
oh damn Phil, haven't seen you since this event last yr, thought maybe you vanished :flipoff2:

don't forget the tecate :flipoff2:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Without gears, plan on going through a clutch on Sledge. I tried it with a very similar setup- 5.29's lockers and 35 bfgs. I literally smoked my clutch about 1/2 way through the trail. That was a few years ago and the trail has changed since then so go for it. Just giving you a heads up on what happened to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts