Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was reworking the cage and pulled out the stock B-pillar and floor plates in my CJ and the doctor concluded it has Cancer. it was totally rotted out and unstable. im glad i found this cause if i happened to roll, theres no doupt the mounting plate would have just ripped off the body or pushed through the tub.

EWWWW

so, other than makeing chicken shit outta chicken salad i planned on improving upon it as well as laying down some new sheet metal.

so i started by taking a air chisel and nocking off the junk ass nut retainers and rusted "nut thing" that the body mount bolt threads into, as seen in lower photo. then had to start from scratch.

started out with this and had to work from there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sry, clicky-clicky for bigger pics.

Most rockcrawling sanctioned bodies state that a body mount is considered a frame tie-in. or something along that lines that means the same. so what i was aiming for was to tie-in the horizontal part of the floor plate on the stock cage to the body with something Beefy and simple at the same time as replacing some much needed sheet metal and improving on that body mount.

the green shows where the attachment the the floor plate of the cage is to be made, the red shows where the body mount bolt hole is. i just had to whip up the part to connect all the points so that the load of an impact on the cage would transfer to the frame.

heres what i came up with that was simple and easy.
i still need the drill the holes and im gonna tap the one for the body mount bolt to tread into on the bigger piece.

the thicker piece is 1/2" steel and other is 1/4" steel, while both stacked and welded together will be flush undneath the sheet metal i later lay down.
the deminisions of the plates are both 4.5" and 1.5"

worthless welds of a vaughabond :flipoff2:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i got all the nasty Cancer cut away (mostly) , and its all trimmed and the plate sits in there flush, hidden right under the fresh sheet metal im gonna lay down.

a perspective shot of where the body mount is and where the bolt will run up into the 1/2" plate

i got the big pics now that my photofuckit account is up. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts