Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have any info on the underdrive unit that replaces the small driveshaft between trans and t-case built by tim hardy????? I have an 88' sami with RR 6" SOA w/ rear leaves up front shackles 5.13 tracker gears and 33/12.5 TSL locked up frt/rr. Stock mtr, need lower crawl ratio looking for other options than lower t-case gears just curious!

·
Registered
541 Posts
it looks like the planatery output on a hub of a drive axle from a fork lift, or anything with planet drive, that he changed a lil to make it mount to the frame, and still have an inline in/output, instead of in on one end, and the hub driving.

·
Registered
613 Posts
the gear box might go between the tranny and drive axle on the fork lift

my uncles has a big chain that conects the tranny and drive axle giving it a 3 or 4 to 1 reduction

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Have you tried searching? There was a post on here with pics and everything about a month ago.
Travis..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any one know where i can find one (or beter two) of these planetarys? i have been calling fork liftplaces for a2 weeks now and all i ever get is "you have to have a part number for us to find you a part"

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
BigValveTurbo said:
any one know where i can find one (or beter two) of these planetarys? i have been calling fork liftplaces for a2 weeks now and all i ever get is "you have to have a part number for us to find you a part"
sounds like Auto Zone...:laughing:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have One

I have and use the 3.5 to 1 under from Tim Hardy. No it is not for sale.. (Well how much:D )

I do not know if Tim will ever build another one (He made 2, they were made from C-4 Planit's

Call him 530-642-0436 You will have to leave prob a couple of messages before he finds time to call back.. Just a busy guy....

I think I can find my pics I did from an extensive thread here I did a couple of years back....

·
ZUK Herder
4,495 Posts
ok sar how is it mounted I 'm pretty sure it in no way mounted to the frame .. and please take some pics for us

·
Registered
119 Posts
OMG:eek: They do exist. I have been hearing about them for a few years now. If you find the pictures please post them. I, among many others would love to see them. DO have a link to the thread?

·
Registered
694 Posts
SAR_Sammy said:
Still looking..
I need another day or so to find the underdrive pics or thread
The pics shouldn't be too hard to replicate (just look under your Samurai).

What does "C-4 planit's" mean? Is the C-4 the model number of the planetary, the model number of forklift the planetary is found on...what?

·
Registered
694 Posts
AZLugz said:
C-4 would be a Ford automatic
Yeah, I know a C-4 is a Ford auto tranny.....but with all the previous talk about forklift planetary hubs, I thought SAR_Sammy was referencing a forklift "C-4".

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes you would think it would be an easy one.. But Then I have to take off the skid plate, then un-bolt the under drive and take it out (Well there goes 45 min) then take pics. Oh when done put it all back together.. Next contact Lance re-up my deal so I can post.. Or I can just take the easy way and look for the old pics and then contact Lance.... Feel free to come up to Pollock Pines and pull it out if you need the pics right away.. Weekend's coming up??

1 - 20 of 64 Posts