Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the ol' girl is out to pasture now and parts will be used for the new build "Timber Tiger". I've always known chipmunks as timber tigers, and the name just seemed to fit because of what I have in mind for this build.

I had a friend put this chassis together for me. Its number 8 and I know it is a proven design.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,368 Posts
badass! chassis looks familiar are there anymore of em on pirate i may have come across?

whats the plans if you dont mind sharing?

·
Premium Member
29,409 Posts
:grinpimp:

No more team wagon wheel :( :laughing:

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill be using parts off Krunch to help speed up the build and help financially. Some I want others Im just stuck with for now.

Specs for now.

Motor:

22rtp (turbo propane) running a Supra 60mm TB and 7lbs of boost.

Tranny:

Toyota turbo R151 manual, dual 23 Toyota spline cases with a 4:7, and the rear is clocked 10*. I have been researching auto to Atlas options but right now thats going to have to be put on hold.

Front Axle:

Still up in the air. Everyone tells me to build my HP Kingpin D60 that I have or throw in my built Toyota axle but Im not so sure. I want to make a hybrid 9.5 drop in third with D60 outers. 35 spline just seems mandatory.

Rear axle:

Ill be using my centered hybrid axle for now. Its a FJ80 9.5 third that has a load bolt, 5:29s and a welded carrier. Plans are to upgrade it to 35 spline as time allows.

Tires:

Need to get some rims for my 39" red Krawlers.

Suspension:

Triangulated 4 link. 1.5x.25 DOM uppers and 2x.25 DOM lowers. Cheap 2" air shocks.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Excellent.

Cool to see a bunch of the "toyota guys" building buggies now

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are u using a land cruiser hood ?
Not 100% sure yet, but the A pillar, dash bar, front clip intersecting area is built to accept one.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you should put a 1uz in it:evil: I have one i would donate
Na, thats a bit cookie cutter for the Yota forum, not to mention the fact that you would send me a 1uz cut in half. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
watching this

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No room for a V8? :D
Icould get a 5.3 in there.

Just so you all know. I overthink everything and like to be a bit different. Problem is both seem to get me in trouble.:shaking:

1 - 20 of 1083 Posts