Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any way to tuck the transfer case up into the body any more without major mods? I for sure need a skid plate to keep this from happening again...

·
Banned
471 Posts
Nice T-case!

Where in Tn. were you to do that? I lived there for a little while
and could only find MUD!!

Kruzrtek

And how did you do that, anyway?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Bummer.........:(

After you get a new case and add a good skid plate, might I suggest a T-case Saver ?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Another possibilty - I have seen that kind of damage where the front driveshaft "bottoms out" or binds and punches the tcase out. If you have a shackle reversal without a long slip yoke front driveshaft that is a major possibility - under droop the slip yoke can almost fully separate, and then it can bind causing severe trauma to the tcase on compression. Just my 2 cents. But a tcase saver from Reddog is a must for every non-split case!

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Swap in a better tcase...

Until that time run the tcase saver!!!

I actually kinda doubt that your case broke because you hit it on a rock.. But I could be wrong..

Were you running without a skidplate to begin with???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's it....

KrustyKruiser said:
Another possibilty - I have seen that kind of damage where the front driveshaft "bottoms out" or binds and punches the tcase out. If you have a shackle reversal without a long slip yoke front driveshaft that is a major possibility - under droop the slip yoke can almost fully separate, and then it can bind causing severe trauma to the tcase on compression. Just my 2 cents. But a tcase saver from Reddog is a must for every non-split case!
I was climbing up a rock ledge and hit a lip at the top, the front came down hard ( with a little help from the gas pedal),next thing I saw was the bottom of the ledge and a bunch of gear oil. I do have reverse shackles with factory drive shafts. After reading Krusty's and Jason M's post ,I looked and couldn't find damage from a rock on the t-case. Thanks guys for the info, I'm still learning and all of this helps.....guess I'll get back to the shop to get ready for next weekend......Thanks again...

"Where in Tn. were you to do that? I lived there for a little while
and could only find MUD!! "

Kruzrtec, in Franklin County,Southern Middle Tn...
Old rock creek beds from the mountains...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
ANOTHER REASON SHACKLE REVERSALS ARE EVIL :mad2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts