Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been reading and searching to get ideas for my mild build. This is my Jeep I picked up it has Skyjacker suspension, 4" currie coils, 35" tires, winch, bumpers, factory 44's, Factory lockers, 4.56 gears. I have installed a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift and some ten factory axles. I started getting parts to build the jeep the way I want to. It will be a Jeep that I can run 100miles to some trails and have some fun and drive home.

The plan is Genright Corners Genright rockers Poly 4 link poly 3 link 4" stretch Undercover Fab High clearance skid plates. Clayton front 44 truss Clayton track bar setup. Some fab work with some store bought goodies.

Here is my lack of clearance and the suspension that I will be replacing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the Genright Corners and Rockers on. They fit really good. I still need to fit the flares and make a fuel door cutout.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Looks like you've got the right idea! Lots of opinions being shared about the poly link setups over in general. Might look over that thread.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is set up close to ride height.

I pulled the tank and started getting some Ideas. Here is what I have to work with to start. 29" Lowers 13" stock upper arms.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some Brackets pealed off and the Belly pan fitted. There is a Ton of belly clearance now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am hoping to drive it this weekend. It has taken me alot longer than i expected. I just got a new home computor and will take a few more pictures

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got it about 80% done enough to get it going. I drove it a couple miles and then took it to Haspin on Saturday. I am very impressed with t how it drives. I didn't go out of my way to kill it I just wanted to shake it out. I drives nice on the road.

The Jeep crawled right up a few rock shelves very stable. It seems to push I dont notice any excessive sqaut or wheel hopping. The prothane coil insets and the rear outboarded shocks make the jeep alot more enjoyable off road. I have a shit ton more clearance with the new skids and Pure Jeep tank ( I scrapped the cut up stock stretch tank deal) I have a few more things to work on but overall I am very happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts