Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do I find the wire that I have to short. I tried the one on the dist, but the truck wont run with that disconected. Then I tried the one on the inner fender, that gave me error codes.

Where is this magical wire that I have to short?:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is the one that I shorted, but I didn't really notice a difference in the way it ran. I guess I will also have to check the tps.

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
The diagnostic connector should be shorted at terminals TE1 to E1. That disables timing advance. If the timing skips all over the place when you try to set it the TPS probably needs some attention.

Hef

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
Toyoda said:
thats what my manual says. I just wansn't sure where to locate those terminals.
Inside the cap on the diagnostic connector there's a diagram labeling each pin on the connector. The Hayne's Manual and the FSM both have the same diagram in them as well.

Hef

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hef said:

Inside the cap on the diagnostic connector there's a diagram labeling each pin on the connector. The Hayne's Manual and the FSM both have the same diagram in them as well.

Hef
Earlier 22RE's are different and aren't labeled. There's a pic in the link I posted.:)

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
On all toyota trucks there is a label on the inside of the hood where you find all the info for timing it will show you what to jump with a little diagram, on older ones it just says which teminals to jump, it does not make a big difference when you jump it just a little lower rpm, btu do what it says to do it right, on older trucks the terminal is on the drivers side fender near the coil, cant miss em.

·
Registered
636 Posts
on my bros 86 the emisions decal has all that info. The terminals should be on the driver side inner fender, on my bors yota they have fake plgus that attach them to the fender so they dont get junk in em. So they may look like they are doing something but they realy arent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts