Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
that should be awesome...Mine is 116" with 40's and i love it 90% of the time.
Every wheelbase has its drawbacks. Mine is 117 on 43s and works great on the vertical stuff. Not so much when you have to make a hard turn.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Every wheelbase has its drawbacks. Mine is 117 on 43s and works great on the vertical stuff. Not so much when you have to make a hard turn.
that's why I have stout sliders, door bars, and rocker kickers....it pivots great around stuff then :laughing:

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bump?????
Been plenty busy with it, just slacking on updating. I will take some pics this evening and update the thread.

New fuel cell is in. Radiator is mounted in the rear. Engine mounts are complete and frame is notched for exhaust. Trans/t-cases are back out so the 4l80 can get rebuilt. Exhaust is 90% complete minus the choice of a muffler. Most of the big fab is complete.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Some progress pics over the last month. Im averaging about 10-12 hrs a week on this thing. Coming along great.

I rebuilt the outers on the front axle. New seals, outer tube seals, new 35-spline shafts, 9/16" wheel studs to match the rear axle, new Yukon Locking hubs, new rotors, fresh paint.

Motor mounts are welded up. Had to notch the passenger frame a little to clear the header.

Sliders were tucked in and back 3" to clear the 43s at the back of the cab.

Motobilt fuel cell and mount. Big ass aluminum radiator and dual fans mounted on some small Kartek bushings.

Mockup of the spare in the rear. I liked the angled setup, but it blocked some rear visibility, so we are going to lay it flat. The plan is to cut out a 8x6.5 hub pattern out of 3/8" and weld in 4 left over wheel studs to secure it. Ill make a stand tied into the original spare tire mount crossmember.

Shackle angle mockup with the new Deaver LT tacoma springs. A little too relaxed for my taste.

More betterer. Mounts are fully welded in and painted now.

Last night i installed the GoatBuilt accessory bracket. Once again it went out without modification. Cant say that with most off the shelf parts. PSC P-Pump installed as well.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
MSD plugs make the engine look almost complete.

Thats pretty much it. Waiting on the trans to get back from rebuild, then i can re-install it and the cases. Then measure for driveshafts. Wiring, fuel, plumbing, interior cage, seat mounts, etc. We will see if it can all be done before the Memorial Weekend run .

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looking good dude. You are chipping away at it.

Is the radiator set to push or pull air in that orientation?
Pull. Not sure what orientation the fans are currently set at but I’ll switch the polarity if they set to push. Tim bought this setup used so not sure.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts