Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know what to look for, and what to look out for, when buying a used tcase.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Just make sure you get all the parts and DON'T get a V6 t-case. The only real differance is top shift and forward shift. You must use a top shift for the rear case when going dual cases, but the front can be forward or top.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Remember to count the splines on the input shaft if the case your buying is advertised as a 23 spline, or a turbo, or R151 t-case. (all the same, just may be advertised by one of these details)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thats OK, I got yer back...:)

Oh yeah, ya wanna check your old tcase, and see whether it is a top shift or front shift. Top shift will have the shifter on top. Front shift will have a plate over where the shifter would go.
A top shift can be converted to a front shift, but a kit to do it will cost ya about $40 from Marlin.
If ya buy a front shift, but need a top shift, I think ya can convert it by just removing the shift rods and putting your old shifter in the top....but I'm not sure on thisone.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Cracker said:
If ya buy a front shift, but need a top shift, I think ya can convert it by just removing the shift rods and putting your old shifter in the top....but I'm not sure on thisone.
Yes you can. You need the low range fork and the other shift rail piece (can't remember its name) that the shift handle engages, too. I've done this more times than I care to remember. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts