Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 15/42-15 tsl sx2's on race line 15x8 beadlocks. They have been mounted since 2010. I want to flip them around to put the like new sidewalls on the outside. My question is with the bead that has been clamped on the outside for so long ever seal up on the inside of the wheel when flipped? Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think there should be no problem. I have had boggers clamped 5 years with DIY beadlocks and also creepy crawlers for about 5 years and there is only minimal marks on the tire. And nothing on the surface that actually seals on normal tubeless assembly (inside of the wheel).

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
It really depends if the beadlock ever slipped and chewed up the tire.
If so, some of the tire bead sealer helps fill in those bites.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
no problem at all. if you're really concerned, throw a couple wrap of duct tape over the inner bead before you mount them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there should be no problem. I have had boggers clamped 5 years with DIY beadlocks and also creepy crawlers for about 5 years and there is only minimal marks on the tire. And nothing on the surface that actually seals on normal tubeless assembly (inside of the wheel).
It really depends if the beadlock ever slipped and chewed up the tire.
If so, some of the tire bead sealer helps fill in those bites.
no problem at all. if you're really concerned, throw a couple wrap of duct tape over the inner bead before you mount them
Thanks guys, I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. I'll try and take some pics.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I've found that roof repair caulking is a great way to seal up shitty beads.
Your tire guy will hate you, but it works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts