Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 F250. I mounted BFG Mud Terrain KM2 tires size 285 70 17. I have had nothing but trouble with the tire pressure sensors. I get low pressure warnings even though I've had it back to the dealer to "retrain" the sensors for the pressure I run (50 psi). Someone said to have them all retrained to 75 psi then mount all four in the spare and keep it at 75 psi. I did that and it worked for four days but now I'm getting a "Tire Pressure Sensor FAULT" warning. Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just put the factory tires back on?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
ignore the light and check your tire pressures.

what did the world do before tire pressure monitoring systems!!!?! :rolleyes:
black tape.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
471 Posts
you have to run the pressures printed on the label of the vin tag on the door or the light will come on. dont think putting them in the spare will help as the pressures from front to rear are different. and there is no way to train them if there just tossed in the spare. cell phones and other fancy electrical add ons can cause the tire sensor fault as well. enjoy your new truck :D

·
Moderhater
23,455 Posts
side note:

i work on BMW's and i have had the mutherfawking SPARK PLUGS interfere with the TPS systems :eek: :rolleyes:

professionally, this stupid shit is just like gun laws. really!

"jim, people here are killing themselfs (due to dipshit fucking idiot drivers who cant or dont know how to drive/steer/anything when a tire blows) from low tire pressure! what do we do?"

"well phil, i say we monitor the tire pressures, that way the vehicle owner will know when to check their tires"

"jim, great idea! lets make out and have butt secks"

"excellent phil, ill get the vasoline"

i had cars come in before TPM and RDS systems came out. guess what? people dont check their tire pressures. cars come in around 7-15K between oil services, and guess what? the last time the tires were checked was the last time they were in for service.

so now we have this fucking TPS system bullshit, per uncle sam.

hey what do you know, people STILL dont check their fucking tire pressures! they just drive around with the fucking light on! way to go! that worked fucking great, didnt it!

so back in the day before runflat tires, you could see if it was flat. now with runflat tires, it can have a fucking hole in it the size of heef's cawk and it just looks like a tire with 35psi. "but it didnt look flat" well kick me in the fucking nuts, your kidding me lady?!

kinda like gun bans. just because there are laws that your supposed to follow, doesnt mean that it will be.

anyways thats your story/rant tonight for tire pressure monitoring systems :D

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
I've got a 2008 Expedition for a patrol Vehicle up here in AK. We have to switch between studded tires and regular all the time. Ford Dealers here cannot fix the problem. One day, responding to a 911 call, I hit about 100mph, and the thing never came back on. From time to time, I get a low pressure light. I check the tire pressure and I'm back in bidniz.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
X2 you have to run what the door sticker says or the light will come on. This isn't a Ford thing it's a Uncle sam thing to save the idiots that can't take care of their own shit!!!

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,658 Posts
Be happy you don't have a gm car. If the light in our 05 yukon comes on I don't fill it right away, we get an e-mail from onstar notifying us that we need to check our tires.

Problem is during the winter they come on every morning, and after about a mile the tires are back up to normal pressure. Stupid fawking electronic bs.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Be happy you don't have a gm car. If the light in our 05 yukon comes on I don't fill it right away, we get an e-mail from onstar notifying us that we need to check our tires.

Problem is during the winter they come on every morning, and after about a mile the tires are back up to normal pressure. Stupid fawking electronic bs.
id be yankin that "on-star" bullshit out. Yeah, go ahead. tell me how fast i was driving. :shaking: i forgot when i stomped down on the skinny pedal. if they know where i have an accident, then they know where im speeding, burning out, honking, flipping off a cop... yeah fawk that. Ill take my 89 ford POS anyday.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
my brother has a 07 gt mustang. we changed the tires on it and the damn light came on. the car came with nitro in the tires from ford and i used air to pump them back up. service said that didnt matter. so i went back and yanked out all 4 sensors. the light stayed on for about a day and then went off. the only time the light came back on is the other day when i put a short shifter in it for him and the car was close to the sensors. i forgot where they were in my shop. the light is now back off and he is happy. might work for you?

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Anybody else notice the post count first post?
I'm not knocking the randomness, just the "I've got MTs, I'm gonna join pirate instead of calling ford, or the shop that put them on":shaking:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
dont forget to check your spare...sometimes that one will be low and send a signal..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey, I want to thank all of you for replying to my thread. My solution is going to be black Testors model paint over the yellow warning light... and as for the text warning, I can ignor that and press the button to clear it if I want to. Pretty soon the government is going to tell us what king of car we must drive and we will have no choice. I hope Ford, GM, Dodge etc. are reading this, as well as the government morons.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hey, I want to thank all of you for replying to my thread. My solution is going to be black Testors model paint over the yellow warning light... and as for the text warning, I can ignor that and press the button to clear it if I want to. Pretty soon the government is going to tell us what king of car we must drive and we will have no choice. I hope Ford, GM, Dodge etc. are reading this, as well as the government morons.
they are...

its gotta be a little ECO shit-box...cus nobody can afford to put fuel in anything else!!:mad3:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts