Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying some new tires soon and i was wondering what would be suggested I have expereminted with a worn out set of boggers31x14.00-15 before and didnt like em and then I had a set of les schwab wild cat ext's 33x12.5-15 and then a set of 35x12.5-15 baja claw radials then I had a set of 33x9.50-15 bfg mud terrains.. now I am on a set of swamper radial tsl's and they are the only ones that I am content with. I am running a TT hybrid in the rear with 5.12's and I am going with a 32 or 33 " tire any suggestions ? anyone tried the simex extreme trekker or jungle trekker how about the swamper LTB's I like the mtr's but think they arent agressive enough also anyone tried the super sport tires at walmart the 33's are 118 each they offer road hazzard and they are a re branded big o bigfoot mud terrain I had em side by side are they worth a crap...as you can see there are alot of options so opinions are needed..I dont rock crawl most of the stuff we do involves mud and dust sand I am running a 8" wheel and I will be getting spacers eventually

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I've heard good stuff from customers about LTB's, but we dont have much mud around here. No reason they wouldnt work great in it though... it is a Swamper, same as the TSL but with a longer "long' lug.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
They like to come apart when gently prodded by a rock, and they don't grip for shit if the trails not dry.

Does that about cover it?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
TNToy said:
They like to come apart when gently prodded by a rock, and they don't grip for shit if the trails not dry.

Does that about cover it?
I made that suggestion cuz he said he wheels in mostly mud and sand. Ive seen the MT/R meet thier maker just the same, bias seems to be way tougher.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have ran swampers and MTRs and hands down the MTRs are a better tire for all around use I have a set of 33x12.50 on my sammy now and I will be buying another set.

·
Registered
432 Posts
ive had just about every kind of swamper. the boggers kick ass. i have a set of 39.5s on my SAS Z71. i also like the tsl radial, i have a set of 33s on my daliy driven ranger. the sxs are good too. but its hard to beat the plain ole TSL swamper. ive had a set of 31s, 33s, 35s, 38s, and 44s. in fact i run a 35x15x15 on my zuk. if i was you id get a set of regular TSLs. IMHO, you get better tread life out of the TSl than you do the TSL radial.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nomorejeep said:
how come you went from 33's to 35's then back down to 33's didnt like the 35's or break alot ?
way too hard to turn for the engine and they liked rubbing the front springs

·
Registered
195 Posts
just my .02. if your running mud, the swamper is the way tsl, the sx may be too heavy. I use to run 35 bfg's, I was in 4wd and a friend dusted my ass in 2wd with the swampers. I compete in Uroc and rcaa now. I think the sx's work real well on rock too. The Krawlers I am running now are really close to the sx's in rock
but the lugs/blocks are too close for mud. By the way I've seen the ssr's come apart especialy if they're siped. A friend totally destroyed a set at the Chilie Challange last year.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm running a 34 x 9.50 swamper which is great under a Zuk in our conditions which is mud, ruts and steep muddy rutted climbs. I usually run them at below 7psi with no beadlocks and haven't had any probs, another guy in the club runs them at about 4 with beadlocks and they work nicely

The Simex jungle trekker works well in the mud but is very stiff. The guys in our club running them usually have about 5psi and there is no bulging. I would also imagine they would be fairly hard to get in the US.

The LTB would be good as they have a high natural rubber content making them potenially quite soft

·
Registered
580 Posts
tires

I have a set of 32 11.5 15 MTRs and they kick a**:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts